Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

33 minutes ago, HoosierRobbie said:

Peegs just flipped his pick from IU to uk.. time to move on it’s looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Wish Keion the best if that's the case. No need to hate or bash the kid. I think his goal is to be a one and done. If that's the case, IU may not be the best fit for him. Archie needs guys who are going to stay and develop. One recruit is not going to save a program (look at Romeo folks). Just hope he can pull in more talent for next year or IU/Archie will be in trouble. He cannot afford to miss the tournament again in my opinion. Looks like your starters are Rob, Al, Jerome (knock on wood) and TJD. Davis (not sure he can play 20-25 plus minutes a game), Thompson, and Franklin provide good depth. Maybe Justin comes back after his recent performances. Need a few guards who can shoot it. Quinones? Beverly? Grad transfer? Think IU is an 8-10 seed next year. Will struggle offensively but will play hard. However, should return the core of that team and could be dangerous in 2020-2021. 

Even if Archie looses Brooks he is still 4 out of 5 with the top Indiana recruits in his first two years (Romeo, Rob, Anderson and TJD). If he continues through his coaching career with 80% of the talent staying in state I think we couldn’t be more happy!

1 minute ago, Hoosier1984 said:

Even if Archie looses Brooks he is still 4 out of 5 with the top Indiana recruits in his first two years (Romeo, Rob, Anderson and TJD). If he continues through his coaching career with 80% of the talent staying in state I think we couldn’t be more happy!

well said. Imagine if he was around when Bluiett and Guy were in high school. 

37 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

He said it was a gut call and no new info. 60/40 Kentucky at this point

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Meh you don’t change your crystal ball like that if it’s truly split or 60/40. They’re giving us subtle hints. 

2 minutes ago, Iugradman said:

Brooks would help fill the gaping void left by Romeo and Juwan’s departures. Next season will be a struggle if Archie doesn’t find more talent to fill out this class. He can’t afford to miss the tournament three years in a row. On the bright side, maybe it gets Glass fired.

Agree. I think it for sure gets Glass fired. I don't expect football to do much and another down year in basketball gets you a new AD. 

Brooks would help fill the gaping void left by Romeo and Juwan’s departures. Next season will be a struggle if Archie doesn’t find more talent to fill out this class. He can’t afford to miss the tournament three years in a row. On the bright side, maybe it gets Glass fired.

Why does everyone keep saying we can’t miss the tourney 3 years in a row under Archie? I seen two brackets tonight who had us first team in the first four out. We can easily make the tourney this year with 2 wins maybe 3 max. Not to mention against bottom teams in the BT.

Why does everyone keep saying we can’t miss the tourney 3 years in a row under Archie? I seen two brackets tonight who had us first team in the first four out. We can easily make the tourney this year with 2 wins maybe 3 max. Not to mention against bottom teams in the BT.

Agreed, the next two games are the biggest ones of the season. The year is far from over just got to beat a team we already have this season and a team we will certainly be favored against. Don’t give up quite yet folks.

Meh you don’t change your crystal ball like that if it’s truly split or 60/40. They’re giving us subtle hints. 

Possible he knows something. Or possible he’s respecting his role and changing his crystal ball because he THINKS that’s where Brooks will go. It’s what the CB is for anyway. Predictions and best guesses until solid information is released.

Idk I think we desperately need his scoring, but specifically his playmaking. Romeo, green, and Morgan seem to be our only playmakers and we could be losing all 3.

I have a feeling we’ll see Phin and Al improve upon this in the offseason. We could definitely use Keion though.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

3 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Idk I think we desperately need his scoring, but specifically his playmaking. Romeo, green, and Morgan seem to be our only playmakers and we could be losing all 3.

Just my opinion, if Rob hadn’t gotten hurt, he’s our best playmaker by now.  I’m not sure he isn’t anyways.  Scoring we need, but scoring becomes easier if we have a shooter or two to spread the floor.  

2 minutes ago, A.j. Nigh said:

Just my opinion, if Rob hadn’t gotten hurt, he’s our best playmaker by now.  I’m not sure he isn’t anyways.  Scoring we need, but scoring becomes easier if we have a shooter or two to spread the floor.  

Oh scoring should make it much easier, I totally agree. If we don't land him (I don't think anything is set in stone yet), it could potentially help the long-term growth of players like Hunter, Al, Phin, Damezi, etc.

Is Stories opinion to be believed??? I read a tweet of his where it felt like to me he was saying UK without actually saying it...