Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

Be kind of a shame for him if he couldnt puck hia top choice

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree and I would be disappointed if he doesn’t pick us. But his parents are looking at this like a business decision. I couldn’t fault them as parents for thinking this is best for their child. We will see. Plenty of time left.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 hour ago, JaybobHoosier said:

I watched one of AssemblyCall's podcasts on Monday, and they said there are several sources who say Keion absolutely wants to go to IU, but his parents and family want him to go to UK, which is why UK seems to be in the driver's seat.  I'm still holding out hope, and of course we would take Keion with open arms, but if we miss, I really hope Archie and company get in 2 pure shooters in 2019's class. 

Am I remembering the particulars incorrectly? I thought Schilling’s close relationship with Keion Sr was supposed to be Archie’s trump card. Also thought I remembered talk about Mom wanting him closer to home. Sounds counterintuitive. So, either, a) Nobody really knows anything and we’ll know when we know, or b) There is no b.

Am I remembering the particulars incorrectly? I thought Schilling’s close relationship with Keion Sr was supposed to be Archie’s trump card. Also thought I remembered talk about Mom wanting him closer to home. Sounds counterintuitive. So, either, a) Nobody really knows anything and we’ll know when we know, or b) There is no b.

No, this is what’s going on man. It’s been said for a while. Unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m going to throw out the obviously far fetched optimistic question so you guys can have a good laugh and trash it. If the roster overhaul happens and KBJ decides he’s going to IU, what chance in a crazy world is there Watford or Hurt show up? More likely Watford...
Hurt wont come but watford better chance. Hurt is kansas or duke. But has watford even visited?

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Red1 said:

I’m going to throw out the obviously far fetched optimistic question so you guys can have a good laugh and trash it. If the roster overhaul happens and KBJ decides he’s going to IU, what chance in a crazy world is there Watford or Hurt show up? More likely Watford...

Hopefully Watford, that would be great.  Hurt mentioned that he wanted to watch how Archie used Romeo, so doubtful.

30 minutes ago, HoosierDribbler said:

As a retired HS teacher I can vouch for how bad attitudes can cause huge issues. If this is true these coaches have had their hands full with this team this yr. 

You have a lot more experience than I do, but with one of the teams I coach on I can see how culture/attitude can be a problem. It is really hard when the majority of your players are spoiled and mentally weak. We had a lot of issues in the classroom and on the court. Administration stepped in and parents were livid about it. Didn't understand why they were being targeted and being held to a higher standard (mind you they are representing a school). Kids also got down easily. If we were down 9-2 early in the first quarter you can forget about making a comeback. 

It would be nice to blame IU's woes on a couple of players who don't fully buy into the team concept.  But the real problem is that Coach isn't using his best players (Langford, Morgan & Davis) to full advantage. So let's not blame IU's poor season on a couple of knuckleheads. Even if Green and Smith were gone (and Green was banished for a couple of weeks), the team still has the same problems, i.e., unimaginative offensive scheme and extremely poor 3-point shooting.

It would be nice to blame IU's woes on a couple of players who don't fully buy into the team concept.  But the real problem is that Coach isn't using his best players (Langford, Morgan & Davis) to full advantage. So let's not blame IU's poor season on a couple of knuckleheads. Even if Green and Smith were gone (and Green was banished for a couple of weeks), the team still has the same problems, i.e., unimaginative offensive scheme and extremely poor 3-point shooting.

You aren’t wrong but at the same time I don’t know if you realize the impact a couple of cancers in the locker room can have on a team.

16 minutes ago, Honkyman said:

Totall agree with you especially on offense. He needs to get some help in the offseason on it. However, having one locker room troublemaker is an issue. Sounds like IU has plenty of them and that hurts. 

1 minute ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Totall agree with you especially on offense. He needs to get some help in the offseason on it. However, having one locker room troublemaker is an issue. Sounds like IU has plenty of them and that hurts. 

I mean, we've got Green chucking up anything he wants, Smith literally cannot make bunnies, and no one except Romeo can make threes. McBob and Fitzner have been rendered useless on offense with their lack of confidence. Davis in the post has been our most consistent and reliable offense. Juwan as well, but we've even seen him struggle.

Even though Keion may know there is trouble in the locker room, I’m certain the coaching staff has told him they will be gone and all will be way different next year if he comes to IU. He has been reassured they are well aware of the problem we have going on and he wouldn’t have to deal with it at all next year. 

4 hours ago, Chris007 said:

I know I have used the word cancers and it might be a little strong but I can tell you they are bringing the team down with their attitudes. They are not good teammates and are definitely all about themselves. They only thing they like about team is the letters M E

I kinda knew about Green, but I'm surprised with Smith. And, yes, I believe you when you say it, it just sucks.