Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

People that cover these kids for a living say one of the most overblown things in recruiting is how college teams are doing during the season. They say kids mostly watch NBA and they are more worried about their high school season. Also most 5 stars think they will be the solution to the problem. Fans watch more college basketball then recruits. If Keion picks another school it will be because that was the school he was most comfortable with not because a team is on a 6 game losing streak with at least 4 players that won’t be there when he arrives

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree. What is currently going on wont matter.

Does anyone know any details?
Curious who commissioned this photo edit, & who authorized TiptonEdits to post it.

Could be anyone from Brooks to TJD to Tipton himself. Brooks could have done it to garner attention before his announcement, TJD could have done it to persuade Brooks, and Tipton could have done it to gain likes and followers

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 minutes ago, HoosierDYT said:

Could be anyone from Brooks to TJD to Tipton himself. Brooks could have done it to garner attention before his announcement, TJD could have done it to persuade Brooks, and Tipton could have done it to gain likes and followers

I'm thinking, maybe erroneously, that the answer to that question might help determine whether the post means anything, or nothing at all. I wouldn't think Brooks would authorize the edit & posting of that particular photo unless it has some definite meaning .But I also don't think he would want Tipton to "steal his thunder". 

I'd like to think Tipton would have enough respect for the kids/families and enough business sense not to proceed with something like that without authorization.

And if I were recruiting a friend to join me, I would keep it private to not look like I was pressuring him in front of the college basketball world via social media. But that's just me.

So hopefully it's Keion prepping to don stripes. But maybe I'm just blindly hopeful.

Tipton does edits for a lot of recruits. I don’t think they get permission for each one. He typically based in the kids top x amount of schools but has also done “package” deals before. It’s nothing more to hype up the kids. I don’t believe he gets paid for any of that work.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

It seems to me that Tipton wouldn’t go around posting stuff like this without at least contacting the recruits involved. I would think that if word got out that Tipton was going rogue with these posts they might lose business from future recruits and would also be begging for another company to come in and fill the vacuum created. But I’m no businessman.

It seems to me that Tipton wouldn’t go around posting stuff like this without at least contacting the recruits involved. I would think that if word got out that Tipton was going rogue with these posts they might lose business from future recruits and would also be begging for another company to come in and fill the vacuum created. But I’m no businessman.

You might not be, but all it takes is logic and honesty. I think you’re spot on here.

He’s had some other “package deal” edits where one of the two or three players in the image was no longer considering the school the others had committed to. He’s basically a hype man through images and I doubt the kids hate seeing “the love.” I’m not sure if he gets permission from all players involved for every image he creates.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

he didnt have to do much editingScreenshot_20190128-192012_Instagram.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using BtownBanners mobile app