Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

1 hour ago, MikeRoberts said:

All players are concerned with their earnings.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Emphasis on "career earnings." I interpret that as the amount of money you make from playing basketball. Many athletes' career earnings, by that definition, are minuscule compared to what they earn off the court. Phil Mickelson, for example, has made 88 million on the course but has an estimated net worth of 400 million. Tiger has made 115 million but was a billionaire at one point. And we're talking about golf here lol.

Emphasis on "career earnings." I interpret that as the amount of money you make from playing basketball. Many athletes' career earnings, by that definition, are minuscule compared to what they earn off the court. Phil Mickelson, for example, has made 88 million on the course but has an estimated net worth of 400 million. Tiger has made 115 million but was a billionaire at one point. And we're talking about golf here lol.

Apples to oranges and not even close. Keion is pretty good at basketball.

9 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Basketball players outside of shoes companies don’t have sponsors like golfers. Golfers are walking billboards. From their clubs, to balls, to clothes, to shoes. Way different in how they make a living.

"The NBA’s 10 biggest endorsement stars will generate a combined $234 million off the court this year by Forbes’ count. There is a staggering gap between the NBA and the other three major U.S. sports leagues. Football’s 10 biggest endorsers will generate an estimated $90 million, while baseball ($25 million) and hockey ($20 million) aren’t in the same galaxy. European soccer stars are the only reasonable comparison, but the top 10 in soccer will still “only” earn around $135 million."- Forbes Magazine

11 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

Apples to oranges and not even close. Keion is pretty good at basketball.

Well I agree with the second part. I'm done derailing the thread. I just hope he announces soon and it goes in our favor. I'm thrilled with TJD and Franklin but I think we're going to needs Brooks' offensive production.

2 hours ago, jonz44 said:

Out of curiosity. Why the "Cody is not Romeo" statement? All I know is what I've read of both. 

Cody’s family was well off because of his brothers playing professionally before him.  He could afford to come back for a few different reasons.

From what I’ve read, Romeo and his family have had a plan to be OAD for a long time, and that it hasn’t/won’t be changed. 

I’ll stop derailing now. Let’s get Brooks to top off the New Year

At the Hoop City Classic, La Lumiere beat Findlay Prep 83-79 in OT to remain undefeated.   LaLu trailed 46-34 at the half.

Five-star Keion Brooks finished with 25 points and six rebounds, but fouled out with 4:21 left in the contest.

In its final game at the Hoop City Classic, La Lumiere (14-0) beat Tea Area 78-64 but Brooks' name did not appear in the abbreviated box score.

Watford did basically the same thing yesterday and didn’t announce

I’m pretty sure this is just part of a series that Tipton Edits has been doing the past few weeks. Very nice interviews though that I recommend watching. The ones with Stewart and Watford have both been great to watch