Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

6 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said all along that Romeo returning isn’t far fetched. He’s obviously intrigued by the prospect of playing with all of these Indiana players. That’d be awesome

Romeo is not your typical 5 star kid. I wouldnt be suprised if he returns to play with Brooks and TJD

37 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Romeo is not your typical 5 star kid. I wouldnt be suprised if he returns to play with Brooks and TJD

If he returns, I think it'll be to work on his defense and jump shot with this being icing on the cake.

7 hours ago, Hoosier Guy said:

I’ve said all along that Romeo returning isn’t far fetched. He’s obviously intrigued by the prospect of playing with all of these Indiana players. That’d be awesome

He was also quoted as saying that he really enjoys being able to go out without being bothered. I believe he specifically talked about how he's only been stopped by students a couple times on campus and doesn't have to sign autographs for hours after each game.

At the beginning of the year, I didn't think there was any possibility of him coming back. However, he's slowly starting to slide down the draft boards and I think it would be in his best interest to return if we land Brooks. Romeo pretty much gets to the rim at will as is and those guys would make the lanes wider. He's underrated as a passer IMO and his assist numbers would pop with guys like Brooks and TJD to dump off to. And his shooting percentages are misleading because his form isn't broken. One off-season working on his jump shot and I think we see a dramatic increase in his percentages. If all of those things were to happen, I think he'd finally realize he can take over any game he wants and we'd see a 22/8/6 type of player that ends up going in the first 3 spots. Oh, and he gets another year of peace before the NBA circus begins.

10 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

However, he's slowly starting to slide down the draft boards and I think it would be in his best interest to return if we land Brooks. 

Lol, no. There's nothing worse on these kinds of boards than fans acting like they know what's in a player's best interest... particularly when it is so obviously what is in the fan's best interests.

1 hour ago, sixseis said:

Lol, no. There's nothing worse on these kinds of boards than fans acting like they know what's in a player's best interest... particularly when it is so obviously what is in the fan's best interests.

Which is why I said I THINK it's in his best interest. It's my opinion. Frankly, I don't really care that much either way. I'll enjoy watching him play this year and I'd enjoy watching him next year, but i'll still watch regardless of whether he comes back. I just think he signs a more lucrative rookie contract if he stays another year.

3 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Which is why I said I THINK it's in his best interest. It's my opinion. Frankly, I don't really care that much either way. I'll enjoy watching him play this year and I'd enjoy watching him next year, but i'll still watch regardless of whether he comes back. I just think he signs a more lucrative rookie contract if he stays another year.

He loses career earnings by coming back an extra year. The quicker he goes to the draft, the quicker he gets his second contract. Coming back won’t do anything for him

9 minutes ago, VO5 said:

He loses career earnings by coming back an extra year. The quicker he goes to the draft, the quicker he gets his second contract. Coming back won’t do anything for him

I doubt Cody feels like he's going to be poor now, because he came back for a 2nd year.

10 minutes ago, HoosierHoops1 said:

I doubt Cody feels like he's going to be poor now, because he came back for a 2nd year.

I didn’t say he would be poor, I said he would lose out on career earnings.

Cody is not Romeo.

39 minutes ago, VO5 said:

Yeah but will his career be longer or will his body just wear out sooner?  And with the way NBA contract have been lately might be best to delay your second contract as long as possible. 

Professional athletes careers aren’t very long and they will likely make more money in that time span than the rest of their lives combined. So, in many cases it makes the most sense to maximize those money years as there aren’t many

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Keion Brooks Jr. plays basketball very well. I hope he chooses to basketball very well as an Indiana Hoosier.

Back on track.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I was not very high on Keion early on in spite of his lofty status. Over the last summer into this year he has really taken his game to another level. I was very wrong on him.

1 hour ago, mdn82 said:

I was not very high on Keion early on in spite of his lofty status. Over the last summer into this year he has really taken his game to another level. I was very wrong on him.

I compared his game to KD after seeing tape and some didn’t agree until Texas started recruiting as KD. I also thought Romeo would get 25 per. You shoot your shot and all of us miss; some just take it like life or death. I do think if Romeo carried us more at that clip we would be at our best. Both are  Indiana NBA ballers.

7 hours ago, VO5 said:

You're probably right, I just look at differently. Rookie contracts are only two years and the player has the right to reject the team option on year 3, so it's not like he's locked into a contract that will cost him a significant amount of money (in NBA terms at least lol). The most recent mock draft I could find had him going at 14, which equates to a minimum of 12 million dollars difference from first overall pick over the 2 year contract (assuming both contracts are at the 120% mark). Personally, I think Langford is capable of going first overall next year, or at least top 3.  That's 8-12 million in guaranteed money plus the endorsements that come with being drafted that high. Take shoe deals, for example. Details were a little harder to find than I expected, but Bagley went second overall last year and signed what was reported to be the largest shoe deal for a rookie since Durant. Reports had it in the 3 million/year range which seems low considering the amount Durant was paid. Trae Young, on the other hand, went fifth and signed for a reported 1.8 million. I think it would be safe to say that Michael Porter at 14 is getting significantly less and that difference alone could offset the career earnings issue. 

7 hours ago, VO5 said:

Cody is not Romeo.

Elite players aren't concerned with career earnings. Michael Jordan made more money in 2017 than he did in his entire career as a player.

All players are concerned with their earnings.

I get your point but with that logic the golden state warriors would beg to differ. Not all players are because the realize their success leads to plenty of money off the court in sponsorship and endorsement opportunities.

10 hours ago, VO5 said:

Cody is not Romeo.

Out of curiosity. Why the "Cody is not Romeo" statement? All I know is what I've read of both.