Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

2 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I don't recall him every offering someone to take the SATs for me.  Guess it was due to not being a good enough basketball player.

I guess it depends on whether or not breaking the rules makes one a bad person or morally corrupt. 

I think it get especially confusing when the powers that be don’t care about the rules. 

5 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Sadly never offered to have someone take my SAT test for me ;) but he has for players who have skills on the court.

I guess it depends on whether or not breaking the rules makes one a bad person or morally corrupt. 

Are you a bad person if you go 60 in a 55 because you know the cops won't pull you over?

We're not talking about covering up crimes or enabling deviants like some coaches do. I'm neutral on Calipari. When it comes down to it, college basketball is a game. Bending the rules has been part of it since the beginning. The NCAA doesn't do anything to you if you break the rules. UNC engaged in widespread academic corruption and nothing happened to them. By knowing it exists and allowing it to continue you could argue that the NCAA has implicitly endorsed it.

And really, if a coach pays a kid $100k to come to his school, who is he hurting? A good argument can be made that the players should be paid anyway. So no, I don't think Calipari is a bad person.

22 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Are you a bad person if you go 60 in a 55 because you know the cops won't pull you over?

We're not talking about covering up crimes or enabling deviants like some coaches do. I'm neutral on Calipari. When it comes down to it, college basketball is a game. Bending the rules has been part of it since the beginning. The NCAA doesn't do anything to you if you break the rules. UNC engaged in widespread academic corruption and nothing happened to them. By knowing it exists and allowing it to continue you could argue that the NCAA has implicitly endorsed it.

And really, if a coach pays a kid $100k to come to his school, who is he hurting? A good argument can be made that the players should be paid anyway. So no, I don't think Calipari is a bad person.

I respectfully disagree. Every place Cal has been, some type of rules violation has followed.

To me, paying a kid $100k is not doing 60 in a 55. You are gaining a clear advantage over anyone who is following the rules. It's more like driving 100 mph, never stopping for stop lights, and running people off the road because they are in your way.

If you are really concerned about the student athlete, work to change the rules instead of using it as an excuse to gain an advantage.

I actually sort of feel this way too.

As far as the SATs. It’s cheating and pretty horrible BUT.....

The way the NCAA has made the landscape, the future NBA guys have the need to go through the NCAA to get all the advantages of marketing. Those same players that would fail SATs will be playing in the NBA one way or another. The one and done rule has made a mockery of Academics so I’m not sure what difference the SATs really make in comparison.

PS- I’d rather Indiana get kids that can pass the SATs just not as down on it as I used to be.

But I like to hate cheating coaches. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Hey Keion; at IU Rob Phinisee, Al Durham, and Armaan Franklin WILL BE there to distribute the ball to you, and to be your brothers.

At UK? You will be paired with Quade Green guys currently best described as "who the hell knows."

At UK A player to be named later for now known as PG 1. Will distribute the ball to teammates whenever the number of scouts does not exceed the previously agreed number. When the number of scouts does exceed this number.....good luck