Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2019) SF Keion Brooks Jr. to Kentucky

5 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Historically it’s terrible for Indiana and great for Michigan State.

Fortunately with Archie we are able to be different. Time will tell if Archie can get LaLu kids. I’d say it favors MSU and UK slightly but maybe not.

Good Luck Archie wading in these waters.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Let me tell you, the game is the game. Some might not like to hear it, but it's the truth. 

While I may disagree with what Keion’s role could be in college, I really don’t think I was being hard on him whatsoever. I also never wished him ill will or anything bad, so I’m not sure where that came from.

All I did was lay out concerns for his ability to play the 2 spot in college. I would love for him to succeed. But I don’t see anything wrong with what I said.

Appreciate the response Stromboli.

He's a human being, 16 or 17 years old, so let's cheer him on regardless. If he chooses IU all the better.

As far as position in college, a lot will depend on where he goes and the talent around him. I doubt he'll be a "big" in college. If he ends up at IU I could see him playing the small wing, most likely the "3." I don't think that matters too much as he would probably play alongside Smith and TJD. That would be a great frontline in collegeball.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

57 minutes ago, VO5 said:

While I may disagree with what Keion’s role could be in college, I really don’t think I was being hard on him whatsoever. I also never wished him ill will or anything bad, so I’m not sure where that came from.

All I did was lay out concerns for his ability to play the 2 spot in college. I would love for him to succeed. But I don’t see anything wrong with what I said.

Appreciate the response Stromboli.

I'm gonna speak for Stromboli (I know...dangerous move ;)

Given the way that you post and interact on BtownBanners, I don't think that the "let's not overreact or wish KBJ badly" advice was largely directed at, or intended for V05. At all. 

23 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm gonna speak for Stromboli (I know...dangerous move ;)

Given the way that you post and interact on BtownBanners, I don't think that the "let's not overreact or wish KBJ badly" advice was largely directed at, or intended for V05. At all. 

I probably should have realized this before replying :) 

Stomboli is an invaluable poster here and he brought up great points that make a lot of sense. It truly will be interesting to see Keion’s projection into college. He will absolutely be a nightmare if all of those facets of his game show up. Let’s hope they do!

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Talked to a Fort Wayne kid in the AAU scene and long time friends of the Brooks.

He thinks Indiana is the likely destination as of now.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It’s about time you brought some insider info to this board!

I’m still waiting for me to know something Worth sharing :-)

It’s about time you brought some insider info to this board!
I’m still waiting for me to know something Worth sharing :-)

He didn’t say he IS going to Indiana, but he did say he thinks he WILL go to Indiana.

It was unprompted. We were talking about IU and Romeo and he offered that up without me talking about Keion at all.

I’m a little worried (because that’s what I do)that LaLu will change things.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Haven’t heard specifically a timetable but I’m guessing he will take his time. Hoosier Hysteria could be our chance to speed up the timetable.

I would be shocked if this didn’t drag out as long as Romeo’s recruitment. Shocked.

He didn’t say he IS going to Indiana, but he did say he thinks he WILL go to Indiana.

It was unprompted. We were talking about IU and Romeo and he offered that up without me talking about Keion at all.

I’m a little worried (because that’s what I do)that LaLu will change things.

Or... maybe Keion is the recruit that changes our ability to recruit LaLu's best players.