Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Article on recruits from McCarthy

@akmccarthy: Tom Crean spoke last night about each #iubb signee and trusting his recruiting instincts with Grant Gelon: https://t.co/H0gppms3jX

Crean has done pretty well going with his gut in recruiting.

I think we can chalk April and Priller up to desperation moves, but otherwise, I've been pleased with many of Crean's recruiting of lesser known players.

Crean has done pretty well going with his gut in recruiting.

I think we can chalk April and Priller up to desperation moves, but otherwise, I've been pleased with many of Crean's recruiting of lesser known players.

definitely has hits and misses. As does all coaches I suppose. In general, I agree with you though. The April and Priller signings were bad. Priller would have been an excellent preferred walk on though.

I think Hoetzel turns out good. Abell turned out solid. Devin Davis was heading to big things. Hartman is solid. Holt had a lot of potential. OG, wow! Oladipo same times 2. Sheehey was solid/strong. Crean has a pretty good track record with 3 stars.

I still love the 4 star and 5 star talents though.

I always thought an ideal 4 man class is 1 5 star, 2 4 stars, and a 3 star diamond.

Lots of ways to do it though. Oklahoma is proving that this season and Iowa St, the past few.

definitely has hits and misses. As does all coaches I suppose. In general, I agree with you though. The April and Priller signings were bad. Priller would have been an excellent preferred walk on though.

I think Hoetzel turns out good. Abell turned out solid. Devin Davis was heading to big things. Hartman is solid. Holt had a lot of potential. OG, wow! Oladipo same times 2. Sheehey was solid/strong. Crean has a pretty good track record with 3 stars.

I still love the 4 star and 5 star talents though.

I always thought an ideal 4 man class is 1 5 star, 2 4 stars, and a 3 star diamond.

Lots of ways to do it though. Oklahoma is proving that this season and Iowa St, the past few.

Can anyone name unheralded recruits since the Oladipo class that didn't turn out better than expected? (Besides Priller and April, which we know were not exactly great signings)

Looking to discuss Crean's ability to identify unique talent and potential. It really seems to be one of his strengths as a coach. Etherington is the only recruit that comes to mind who was a general bust. (I'm ignoring Crean's first couple recruiting classes as his ability to recruit was undercut by the sanctions)

Can anyone name unheralded recruits since the Oladipo class that didn't turn out better than expected? (Besides Priller and April, which we know were not exactly great signings)

Looking to discuss Crean's ability to identify unique talent and potential. It really seems to be one of his strengths as a coach. Etherington is the only recruit that comes to mind who was a general bust. (I'm ignoring Crean's first couple recruiting classes as his ability to recruit was undercut by the sanctions)

I don't believe Etherington was a bust. He showed some promise but chose another rout. I think he could have been a valuable asset to our team.

Ethrington was injured his whole time at IU. Just when he got better he started showing flashes of contributing. He wanted playing time so he left. IMO it was a dumb move on his part. I think he would have evolved into a much better player if he stayed at IU. You can tell Indiana devotes a lot of time into strength and conditioning which deserves a lot of credit. I'm excited for next years recruit, especially after spending a summer with IUs strength and conditioning coach. Deron is going to be a beast as he adds some muscle mass. So is Curtis.

I am equally excited about Green. Something about him has me intrigued. I think it's a very good class. Guys that seem to be willing to work hard for their goals. Hopefully their goals are winning basketball games. That has been the problem the past 2 years as much as anything.

I don't believe Etherington was a bust. He showed some promise but chose another rout. I think he could have been a valuable asset to our team.

Look at his performance at Butler. He wasn't going to see the floor at Indiana, and barely sees it there.

I advocate Creaning in some circumstances. Stan Robinson, Hanner, Holt, and Davis. Priller is different. Problem is he should of been a preferred Walk on from the beginning. Scout adequately and let natural attrition do the Creaning. But yeah, Priller isn't a power conference player and we all knew that.

Priller for 4 year!

During the Illanoy game my 13 yr old saw Priller on the floor and first thing he says is. "Look at this stiff! But he has nice size for a walk on." That's when I let him know that he was on scholarship and then he replies back. U have got to be kidding!!!!

Hate to say it, but we have to get Priller off scholarship... Imagine if we could pull in another recruit that could actually make an impact. You know?

I'm totally against this. You dont make promises you cant keep. Especially when you are the $3m/year man pulling tricks on a 20 yr old kid.