Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

2017 IUBB recruiting

Agree with Wayne from the perspective that as outsiders looking in, there doesn't seem to be any Plan B.   And once you've gone 'all in' on a couple of recruits how do you pick up the phone and start making 'oh by the way' calls to the kids you clearly indicated weren't your priorities?  Hopefully we still land Wilkes; personally I'm not all that warm and fuzzy on Preston but that's beside the point.  There does seem to be a glass ceiling in our recruiting that we just can't seem to break through.   Maybe Wilkes will be the breakthrough we're all looking for. 

54 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Agree with Wayne from the perspective that as outsiders looking in, there doesn't seem to be any Plan B.   And once you've gone 'all in' on a couple of recruits how do you pick up the phone and start making 'oh by the way' calls to the kids you clearly indicated weren't your priorities?  Hopefully we still land Wilkes; personally I'm not all that warm and fuzzy on Preston but that's beside the point.  There does seem to be a glass ceiling in our recruiting that we just can't seem to break through.   Maybe Wilkes will be the breakthrough we're all looking for. 

"oh by the way" calls are how you end up with April's and Priller's

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Just thinking out loud.

If no Wilkes or no Preston do we have a realistic chance with any other top 100?

It seems we don't really have back up plans in place.
I'm sure we do but none of the other top 100s are considered indiana leans.

Bowen, Diallo, Bamba and others we have been semi associated with seem like pipe dreams.

If we miss on Wilkes AND Preston our recruiting class on paper is super weak to be replacing 2 maybe 3 NBA talents.

I wonder if panic is setting in?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We narrow these classes down like we can pick and choose top recruits but we arent in a position to pick and choose top recruits. Miss on Wilkes and this could be another fail of a recruiting class.

We narrow these classes down like we can pick and choose top recruits but we arent in a position to pick and choose top recruits. Miss on Wilkes and this could be another fail of a

It goes both ways though. If we land Wilkes it could be a good to great class a la 2015 with Bryant, JMo, and OG. I didn't like the addition of Durham (at the time) nor Moore. If Moore can provide spot minutes at the 4 and develop over a year or two (like many project) we got exactly what we need. Smith is the same. I didn't like Durham because I feel 1) he is in a similar role to Green taken in the class before and 2) we could have possibly slow played it.

We narrow these classes down like we can pick and choose top recruits but we arent in a position to pick and choose top recruits. Miss on Wilkes and this could be another fail

I thought Crean hands out scholarships like candy? Our recruiting class will turn out fine

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I like some of the pieces in this class just think we need one "sure thing" for lack of better term. Wilkes gives us that. Preston is a long shot IMO. So the pressure is on kinda. But no this isnt a Priller and April class. Much better IMO.

Depressing watching our recruiting efforts fail. What does our staff lack? Is it Crean tries too hard or what? We have awesome facilities, a newly rentavated Assembly Hall,  bringing home a big ten chamoionship..  putting guys in the NBA and we can't land any studs for 2017. 

Depressing watching our recruiting efforts fail. What does our staff lack? Is it Crean tries too hard or what? We have awesome facilities, a newly rentavated Assembly Hall,  bringing home a big ten chamoionship..  putting guys in the NBA and we can't land any studs for 2017. 

Pretty narrow focus on a couple recent misses, don't you think? We held on to James Blackmon as Cal tried to bring him to the dark side. We stole TB out of NY from Syracuse. Stole RoJo out of Virginia from UVA and UNC. Found OG playing all-star basketball in the deep woods of Missouri. Look at the balance on last year's team and this year's team. Seems like we're doing pretty damn well. Let's see where our recruiting class is in April.

7 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Pretty narrow focus on a couple recent misses, don't you think? We held on to James Blackmon as Cal tried to bring him to the dark side. We stole TB out of NY from Syracuse. Stole RoJo out of Virginia from UVA and UNC. Found OG playing all-star basketball in the deep woods of Missouri. Look at the balance on last year's team and this year's team. Seems like we're doing pretty damn well. Let's see where our recruiting class is in April.

No i Dont. This years recruiting is what im ConcernD with. We lucjed Out wIth UK tajing Booker. Kucked  Out with syracUse gettIng in trouBle When we landed Bryabt. yiu Have to admit this class has been disapoinTing so far other tgan Smith. 

Why is my phone typing  This way all f___d Up?

2 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

No i Dont. This years recruiting is what im ConcernD with. We lucjed Out wIth UK tajing Booker. Kucked  Out with syracUse gettIng in trouBle When we landed Bryabt. yiu Have to admit this class has been disapoinTing so far other tgan Smith. 

So basically, you're attempting to find every excuse to not give us credit when we get the targets we're after?

Luck? Ok. So then I guess we've just been unlucky on our misses.