Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

2016 NFL Playoffs Thread

In 2014 it was not a banned substance but you can get an OWI charge from it. Depends on Goodell if it's the same.

I'd guess it still isn't a banned substance. Literally the only reason people use Spice is because they can't get weed or aren't allowed to smoke weed. I'll bet Spice was his non-banned alternative.

I'm not looking for the correct general NFL thread.

The Niners have hired Chip Kelly.

I don't know how to feel at the moment about the hire. I don't think it was a great one, but he'll be entertaining at least. A good OC and DC could change my mind. 

Better than Tomsula.

I don't know how to feel at the moment about the hire. I don't think it was a great one, but he'll be entertaining at least. A good OC and DC could change my mind.

Better than Tomsula.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Worst possible choice. Uggghhhh effing Niners. Why do they do this to me?!?! He's a college coach. he's a Steve spurrier. Ready for 5 more years of mediocrity Marty?! Once a prestigious franchise and Yost gets this guy?! I'm about to throw out my Niners gear.

Better than Tomsula.

HAHA people are freaking out here in Philadelphia. They fire Kelly "so they can get a head start on the coaching search", miss out of Gase, courtesy call Hue Jackson, don't call McDermott, Chip Kelly gets another job w Kaepernick (who they have been saying they wanted to pair w Kelly before he left), and Coughlin removes his name from the running. 

If you want some comedy, the radio should be gold today.

http://975thefanatic.com/

HAHA people are freaking out here in Philadelphia. They fire Kelly "so they can get a head start on the coaching search", miss out of Gase, courtesy call Hue Jackson, don't call McDermott, Chip Kelly gets another job w Kaepernick (who they have been saying they wanted to pair w Kelly before he left), and Coughlin removes his name from the running. 

If you want some comedy, the radio should be gold today.

http://975thefanatic.com/

Wait, Philly still hasn't found a coach? I was out of the loop the last couple days and really figured they had.

Double wait, you're in Philly? What area?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Worst possible choice. Uggghhhh effing Niners. Why do they do this to me?!?! He's a college coach. he's a Steve spurrier. Ready for 5 more years of mediocrity Marty?! Once a prestigious franchise and Yost gets this guy?! I'm about to throw out my Niners gear.

If the last season and the decade of darkness didn't prepare you for 5 years of mediocrity then I don't know what will.

And it's not the worst possible choice. I mean, Jim Tomsula still doesn't have a job. And Mangini. And Geep Chryst. And Mike Singletary is probably available.

Maybe between Shanahan and Kelly it's the worst choice, but in the wide world of coaching?

It doesn't matter anyway, as long as Baalke is GM and York is the owner we're relatively doomed no matter what.

Wait, Philly still hasn't found a coach? I was out of the loop the last couple days and really figured they had.

If the last season and the decade of darkness didn't prepare you for 5 years of mediocrity then I don't know what will.

And it's not the worst possible choice. I mean, Jim Tomsula still doesn't have a job. And Mangini. And Geep Chryst. And Mike Singletary is probably available.

Maybe between Shanahan and Kelly it's the worst choice, but in the wide world of coaching?

It doesn't matter anyway, as long as Baalke is GM and York is the owner we're relatively doomed no matter what.

My preference would to reach out to John Gruden or Bill Cowher. Hell, I like Coughlin more than Kelly. I hope I'm wrong, but Kelly will not be a successful football coach in the NFL. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG CHIPPERS!!!!

Pap. I don't know about your circles but no one in my local circles liked Chip Kelly from the get go and were glad to have him gone.

My preference would to reach out to John Gruden or Bill Cowher. Hell, I like Coughlin more than Kelly. I hope I'm wrong, but Kelly will not be a successful football coach in the NFL. PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG CHIPPERS!!!!

Pap. I don't know about your circles but no one in my local circles liked Chip Kelly from the get go and were glad to have him gone.

I think everyone had serious questions about how his system would translate, but some definitely bought in after the Redskins Monday night annihilation is Kelly's first game. There was definitely an optimistic vibe, I can't remember if you were out here during that time. I think things changed in his second season but, man, this year things got so toxic so fast. People were calling in to radio stations crying. Like grown men. It got strange but yes, I think everyone is glad he's gone.  

Nope. No scheduled interviews. Maybe Doug Pederson? That won't sit well.

I am haha I live in Fairmount area of the city, by the Art Museum if you're familiar. Family all over Indiana, grad school in Chicago, work in Philly. Strange life. 

Nope. No scheduled interviews. Maybe Doug Pederson? That won't sit well.

I am haha I live in Fairmount area of the city, by the Art Museum if you're familiar. Family all over Indiana, grad school in Chicago, work in Philly. Strange life. 

Definitely familiar. I lived on the other side of the Schuylkill for a spell, straight down Spring Garden I think. Though, I don't remember what my address was. I was the last step before West Philly (in the not-so-safe Will Smith kind of way). If you crossed my street you'd be in the bad area. Car broken into twice. Drexel police biked past us but I think we were just outside their watch zone.

Worst place my wife and I have ever lived. We were dirt poor newly weds and everyone was just so mean. It was not my first time spending an extended amount of time in a major city, but I have never encountered people as casually mean as Philadelphians. My wife was yelled at and lectured for taking too long to pay for her breakfast at convenience store and that's just the most major memory.

I had a big history with Philly before we lived there because I have a lot of family from the southside (Italians) but living there was just so much worse than anything I'd remembered.

But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't crave L'Angelo or vainly search for Rita's or miss walking down to Savas for breakfast.

And living out here I miss the drivers. I may have hated Philly drivers when I was there, but I sure wish people where were as anxious to get where they were going.

Definitely familiar. I lived on the other side of the Schuylkill for a spell, straight down Spring Garden I think. Though, I don't remember what my address was. I was the last step before West Philly (in the not-so-safe Will Smith kind of way). If you crossed my street you'd be in the bad area. Car broken into twice. Drexel police biked past us but I think we were just outside their watch zone.

Worst place my wife and I have ever lived. We were dirt poor newly weds and everyone was just so mean. It was not my first time spending an extended amount of time in a major city, but I have never encountered people as casually mean as Philadelphians. My wife was yelled at and lectured for taking too long to pay for her breakfast at convenience store and that's just the most major memory.

I had a big history with Philly before we lived there because I have a lot of family from the southside (Italians) but living there was just so much worse than anything I'd remembered.

But, I'd be lying if I said I didn't crave L'Angelo or vainly search for Rita's or miss walking down to Savas for breakfast.

And living out here I miss the drivers. I may have hated Philly drivers when I was there, but I sure wish people where were as anxious to get where they were going.

Yeah, probably best to stay out of North and West Philly. Sadly, West Philly remains about the same. North has experience some gentrification with Temple expanding. And not sure if you remember Northern Liberties and Fishtown, but those neighborhoods are completely different from my understanding with a lot of young professionals, great music scene, and some really cool bars/restaurants/breweries. But, easily the most impoverished area is still North Philly, Temple expansion has just pushed poverty North, really. 

That's the east coast haha but you are completely right about Philadelphians. My theory is that they are so used to interacting that way that it just rolls off everyone's shoulder because it's normal. If you're not from the area though, it sticks. Doesn't change the fact that they are rude lol. 

Definitely has it's upsides with food. No doubt there. 

John Gruden has the greatest job in the world. Why would he ever leave it? I'd do his job for a 1/10 of his take home.

Yeah, probably best to stay out of North and West Philly. Sadly, West Philly remains about the same. North has experience some gentrification with Temple expanding. And not sure if you remember Northern Liberties and Fishtown, but those neighborhoods are completely different from my understanding with a lot of young professionals, great music scene, and some really cool bars/restaurants/breweries. But, easily the most impoverished area is still North Philly, Temple expansion has just pushed poverty North, really. 

That's the east coast haha but you are completely right about Philadelphians. My theory is that they are so used to interacting that way that it just rolls off everyone's shoulder because it's normal. If you're not from the area though, it sticks. Doesn't change the fact that they are rude lol. 

Definitely has it's upsides with food. No doubt there. 

That's sad about North Philly. It's the tough part, it's better for the city's economy to gentrify but it's hard not to feel bad for everyone uprooted from where they've lived because they couldn't make rent anymore. We actually went deeper into the west side to go to ShopRite, never had problems there. Even having the car robbed I rarely felt unsafe, though when we walked around we usually had our dog who cleared the street because he was huge. People would get in their yards and close the gate as we approached. A little girl while we were getting ice cream at Philly Flavors yelled in an adorable West Philly accent "He look like he gon' bite my heeeaaad off!" We went to church in Fishtown for awhile so I know it well. Good to hear it's coming up, not super suprising since that's where all the hipsters we knew lived. And I'm pretty sure that's where the giant D20 die was, but I might be turned around. So, it had the feel of a neighborhood getting younger. 

The dog:[attachment=3212:IMGP0015.jpg]

I grew up on the east coast, so I'm definitely ruder than people out here and have a completely different attitude. I'm always surprised at how true those stereotypes are. The coldness of New York is my game, just ignore me and let me walk to where I'm going. People in Philly would throw batteries at Santa Claus.

Anyway... The second games are going to be better all weekend I bet. I think the Pats whip the Chiefs (just like for the last 200 years) and Petey Satan loses to the almost undefeated pretty handily.