Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

hoosierpap

B10 Basketball Recruiting Thread

34 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Italian point guard Niccolò Moretti has committed to Illinois. The 6-foot-2 prospect has been playing this season with the NBA Global Academy in Australia.

Brother of Davide, who took an IU visit a few years back before playing on Texas Tech’s final 4 team. Looks like he’s enrolling immediately.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kid from IMG we took a couple of looks at but never went any further than window shopping.

Joe Tipton -  Braden Pierce, a 7-foot center in the 2023 class, has committed to Maryland, he tells me.

Read somewhere that Maryland felt like “home”. I’m always struck by the % of the time that “home” coincides with the best offer a kid gets. 

Read somewhere that Maryland felt like “home”. I’m always struck by the % of the time that “home” coincides with the best offer a kid gets. 

Keep an eye on Maryland over next 2 years and more. That recruiting class is pretty impressive. I’ve got my eye on Maryland, Purdue, MSU, OSU and that big kid going to Minnesota from a recruiting perspective. Illinois will be big spenders in transfer portal again.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Minnesota Signee and Top 20 recruit 7’1 220 C Dennis Evans is being released from his LOI. I’m assuming we will make the contact?

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Maybe if he thinks he’d like Minnesota, Indiana could be compelling to him.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I believe Evans had a strong connection to one of Minnesota's assistant coaches. Edit: "Evans first got on the Gophers' radar because of assistant Jenkins' strong ties to California. U freshman guard Jaden Henley also played with Evans on the same California Inland AAU program coached by Elvert "Kool-Aid" Perry."

But apparently two seasons of watching his future school get squished has overridden that. The Ben Johnson era at Minnesota is not, I repeat not, going well.

Will we reach out? He's a California kid and I suppose that our USC and UCLA road trip will help, but it would seem more likely he'll now stay out west.

Who would have thought that in February in Minneapolis, Minnesota basketball fans could be boiling hot and melting down?