Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierReb01

IU vs McNeest St. Post-Game Thread, aka MSB Highlight Reel

Regarding Creans behavior. Reasons he was "angry as a hornet"

@Janitorinthegym: @Poppadontpreach we are all guessing .. Low attendance, Priller cheers, ... He is sick??

@Janitorinthegym: @IURYAN agreed... Sometimes the Priller cheers get under his skin

@Janitorinthegym: @jwrobiso everyone walking on eggshells .. Was hoping the media could fill in

He recruited the kid.

Wouldn't be surprised if he held Priller out of games till 1 min left just for that reason.

Hoosiers took care of business--nice shooting yet again.

I liked seeing only 9 turnovers (most of those were Troys)---in a helter skelter game.

Good to see both bigs play well--TB and Max.

JBJ bounced back well from last game.

Defense was decent at times but awful at times as well--still a long way to go.

McNeese State was as bad as advertised--they could not throw the ball in the ocean!

And--that's a wrap!  Looking forward to checking our progress against ND!

Here I thought this was a much improved schedule this summer. Schedule a few flipping marquee matchups. Doing this same schedule and adding Louisville and having the crossroads classic next year is not good enough either but I'm sure it is in coach's eye. Mini tourneys are not how you schedule marquee matchups. Maybe a home and home with SMU as well?? Valpo, Ohio u... Who was our marquee last year or 2 years ago maybe, Washington? This program man....

But lets get real.. We need to get serious at some point..we should really have a home and home with Kansas, Louisville and UK or even UCLA. Then mix in all the other teams. I would feel a lot better about 300 teams if we got some real comp mixed in. Tom tries to hope for a matchup in a holiday tourney and then flirt with 1 actual matchup because "we have the bigten challenge and the crossroads classic.

He recruited the kid.

Wouldn't be surprised if he held Priller out of games till 1 min left just for that reason.

It does make you wonder. Priller should have been several games earlier and he seems to be the last guy in. I get how a crowd can make a kid do things that a coach might not want (shoot) but last night he played real well.

But lets get real.. We need to get serious at some point..we should really have a home and home with Kansas, Louisville and UK or even UCLA. Then mix in all the other teams. I would feel a lot better about 300 teams if we got some real comp mixed in. Tom tries to hope for a matchup in a holiday tourney and then flirt with 1 actual matchup because "we have the bigten challenge and the crossroads classic.

Xavier and/or Cincinnati would be good to schedule each year

I've never heard a coach get mad over player cheers.

yes but imo they are not cheering because of his great basketball skills or it isn't like he is a senior who his getting into games now that he has paid his dues lol. That may bother him a bit I would guess

Yeah. It's taken on a life of its own. It's almost a mockery type of thing but in a loving fashion. Very funny, very bizarre. Plus he doesn't look like a basketball player besides being a mile tall.

very true. It's humorous but how does Quentin Taylor feel, or Ryan Burton? I dunno. I think the crowd almost sounds mocking, like you said Wayne. The wife thinks its super tacky too. Can't we all just go nuts when any of the walk ons get in the game and about to make a play.

The slap on the butt to OG that drew a wild applause made me feel like I'm not into this priller thing anymore. Maybe that's why Crean is pissed. Our fan base would rather go ape over Prillee than give a real standing ovation to RoJo who is playing his tail off right now. I dunno, It's not genuine and just feels like the outward emotion of a crowd that enjoys gimmicky crap instead of hard nose basketball.

Come on man...people are cheering for a goofy kid that rarely gets into games. A guy that obviously is out of his league here, but works hard and is a genuinely nice guy that everyone loves. We're playing one of the worst basketball teams in the country, is everyone supposed to get excited like we're playing Purdue?

this is true too. It's all of these things. The students are having fun with it. We are here too. MSB is a legend. It's really funny. But it's also a bit of a mockery. I'm not offended by it in the slightest.

Most excited I've seen JB was post game with Priller.

Kind of wraps up Creans recruiting though too. That's the negative.

I only got to watch the last 10 minutes of the game after it was well out of hand and it was clearly inferior competition but one thing that did jump out at me in the stats was the fact we did have 21 assists on 40 made buckets.

As for MSB, does the way he's been treated in the blowout games suggest CTC is trying to push him out the door?  Do we have any insight as to how MSB is treated at practice by CTC?

Hoosiers took care of business--nice shooting yet again.

I liked seeing only 9 turnovers (most of those were Troys)---in a helter skelter game.

Good to see both bigs play well--TB and Max.

JBJ bounced back well from last game.

Defense was decent at times but awful at times as well--still a long way to go.

McNeese State was as bad as advertised--they could not throw the ball in the ocean!

And--that's a wrap! Looking forward to checking our progress against ND!

Last night was a big time win.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Come on man...people are cheering for a goofy kid that rarely gets into games. A guy that obviously is out of his league here, but works hard and is a genuinely nice guy that everyone loves. We're playing one of the worst basketball teams in the country, is everyone supposed to get excited like we're playing Purdue?

I get ya and its nothing I feel strongly about. I get the students are having a blast with it and I don't want to discourage or offend any of yall.

What I know is when this program blows up, Priller will be our starting center. Then yall are going to be exhausted at the end of every game going ape on every move he makes in 28 mins..