Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Forum tipoff classic

As exciting as the Silver Creek / Blackhawk Christian game was, the final game of the day was a bit anticlimactic.  Bloomington South defeated Culver Military (playing without Trey Galloway) 44-38.  Hopefully Anthony Leal is already on his way to the weight room to start adding some muscle.  He had the task of guarding 6'4" 240 lb. Deontae Craig, committed to Iowa to play football and got worked over pretty good.  Leal finished with 11 pts., 9 coming in the 1st Q on 4-10 FG; 0-2 on 3s; 3-3 FT; 1 reb; 2 asst; 2 stls; 2 TO.  He picked up his 3rd foul with 5:00 left in the 2nd Q and sat out the rest of the quarter.  He picked up his 4th foul at the 6:45 mark in the 4th Q and sat out until 4:00 left in the game. 

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

As exciting as the Silver Creek / Blackhawk Christian game was, the final game of the day was a bit anticlimactic.  Bloomington South defeated Culver Military (playing without Trey Galloway) 44-38.  Hopefully Anthony Leal is already on his way to the weight room to start adding some muscle.  He had the task of guarding 6'4" 240 lb. Deontae Craig, committed to Iowa to play football and got worked over pretty good.  Leal finished with 11 pts., 9 coming in the 1st Q on 4-10 FG; 0-2 on 3s; 3-3 FT; 1 reb; 2 asst; 2 stls; 2 TO.  He picked up his 3rd foul with 5:00 left in the 2nd Q and sat out the rest of the quarter.  He picked up his 4th foul at the 6:45 mark in the 4th Q and sat out until 4:00 left in the game. 

Whats wrong with Galloway?

Watching the Silvercreek game I came away thinking Jacobi is going to make a pretty good wing for someone.To anyone else who knows this kids game is that a good assessment? I was pretty impressed with his shooting and handle.

2 hours ago, Woodson1980 said:

Watching the Silvercreek game I came away thinking Jacobi is going to make a pretty good wing for someone.To anyone else who knows this kids game is that a good assessment? I was pretty impressed with his shooting and handle.

I watched the stream of the Silvercreek game and was very impressed with Jacobi's game. He created so many problems for a very good Blackhawk team.  It seems like having Kauffman, who clearly is the star, and Jacobi on the same high school team would be like hitting the lottery. Kauffman is really good and will continue to be in the spotlight but Jacobi is a great compliment and can't be ignored. They are a special combination that successful high school teams have had.  How important was Steve Downing to George McGinis?  Romeo benefited from playing with a player like Sean East.  Complimentary players knowing their role and doing their job. I love this game.

It is. I’ve had several people say that he will outscore Kaufman many times both this year and next he has D1 offers for a reason and if he keeps performing will probably get several more.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Inside The Hall - 

The field for the 2020 FORUM Tipoff Classic was released on Tuesday and Indiana commit Logan Duncomb will be participating in this year’s event at Southport.

This is the eighth year of the FORUM Tipoff Classic, which features many of the top teams in the state of Indiana on an annual basis.

The FORUM Tipoff Classic is set for Saturday, December 12. Here are the full details for this year’s event:

12:30 – Perry Meridian v Carmel
2:00 – Franklin Central v. North Central
3:30 – North Harrison v Barr-Reeve
5:00 – Southport v Gary West Side
6:40 – Silver Creek v Ft. Wayne Blackhawk Christian
8:20 – Lawrence North v Cincinnati Moeller

To open the day Perry Meridian, with Butler commitment, Jayden Taylor will take on MIC powerhouse Carmel. The Greyhounds once again look loaded with talent.

Franklin Central will then make the short trip to the Fieldhouse to do battle with North Central. First year Head Coach Jason Gardner has the Panthers and star Leland Walker ready for a big season.

In a small school battle, two of the best bigs in the state will go at it with LT Hatton of North Harrison going against Curt Hopf of Barr-Reeve. This has major state rankings implications.

Host program, Southport has high expectations this year, and Gary West is arguably the most talented team in the state led by junior Jalen Washington and seniors Quimari Peterson and Mason Nicholson.

The final two games feature some of the best in the Midwest. Silver Creek led by Trey Kaufman and Kooper Jacobi will take on Blackhawk Christian led by Purdue bound big man Caleb Furst in a rematch of last year’s impressive game.

Finally, Ohio’s top team, Moeller, and their starting lineup of division I prospects headed by Indiana pledge Logan Duncomb will do battle with Indiana’s top team, Lawrence North. The Wildcats are led by junior C.J. Gunn and senior standout D.J. Hughes who is headed to Butler.

Ticket information is not available at this time as it is unknown if fans will be able to attend due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We at the FORUM Tipoff Classic take all public health measures very seriously. At this point we do not have any information about the sale of tickets to the public for this event because of the constantly changing and evolving public health guidelines. We will listen to Southport High School, the IHSAA, and local leaders as to the best way to safely put on this year’s event. More information regarding attendance will be made available as we move closer to the event.”

7 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Inside The Hall - 

The field for the 2020 FORUM Tipoff Classic was released on Tuesday and Indiana commit Logan Duncomb will be participating in this year’s event at Southport.

This is the eighth year of the FORUM Tipoff Classic, which features many of the top teams in the state of Indiana on an annual basis.

The FORUM Tipoff Classic is set for Saturday, December 12. Here are the full details for this year’s event:

To open the day Perry Meridian, with Butler commitment, Jayden Taylor will take on MIC powerhouse Carmel. The Greyhounds once again look loaded with talent.

Franklin Central will then make the short trip to the Fieldhouse to do battle with North Central. First year Head Coach Jason Gardner has the Panthers and star Leland Walker ready for a big season.

In a small school battle, two of the best bigs in the state will go at it with LT Hatton of North Harrison going against Curt Hopf of Barr-Reeve. This has major state rankings implications.

Host program, Southport has high expectations this year, and Gary West is arguably the most talented team in the state led by junior Jalen Washington and seniors Quimari Peterson and Mason Nicholson.

The final two games feature some of the best in the Midwest. Silver Creek led by Trey Kaufman and Kooper Jacobi will take on Blackhawk Christian led by Purdue bound big man Caleb Furst in a rematch of last year’s impressive game.

Finally, Ohio’s top team, Moeller, and their starting lineup of division I prospects headed by Indiana pledge Logan Duncomb will do battle with Indiana’s top team, Lawrence North. The Wildcats are led by junior C.J. Gunn and senior standout D.J. Hughes who is headed to Butler.

Ticket information is not available at this time as it is unknown if fans will be able to attend due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“We at the FORUM Tipoff Classic take all public health measures very seriously. At this point we do not have any information about the sale of tickets to the public for this event because of the constantly changing and evolving public health guidelines. We will listen to Southport High School, the IHSAA, and local leaders as to the best way to safely put on this year’s event. More information regarding attendance will be made available as we move closer to the event.”

Really hope they televise this event.  Always fun.

2 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Really hope they televise this event.  Always fun.

Yeah, with spousal blessing I’d decided last January I was really gonna get back on the road this winter. Was planning on doing the Tip-off Classic, Marshall County Hoopfest, Bass T of C, Blue & Gold Tourney and the Quincy Shootout.

Nice timing on my part.
So really, really hoping for some well executed streaming.

5 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Inside The Hall - 

Great slate. Love the Furst/Kaufman rivalry that hopefully becomes the IU/PU rivalry.  

Provided there are no last minute cancellations due to the virus, here is the schedule for next Saturday's event.  Games will be streamed on https://www.iscsportsnetwork.com/ but there will be a charge.  $9.99/game or $19.99 for all of the games.

2:00 - North Central (Leland Walker '22) v Franklin Central

3:30 - Gary West (Jalen Washington '22) v Southport

5:00 - Barr-Reeve v North Harrison

6:30 - Silver Creek v Fort Wayne Blackhawk

8:20 - Lawrence North (C. J. Gunn '22) v Cincinnati Moeller (Logan Duncomb '21)

Edited by Class of '66 Old Fart
Added streaming fee

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/09/15/indiana-high-school-basketball-forum-tipoff-classic-field-set-dec-11-southport/8342825002/

One of my favorite basketball days of the year.   Light on the IU recruits but I will still be going.  Hopefully I will see some of you there 

38 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/09/15/indiana-high-school-basketball-forum-tipoff-classic-field-set-dec-11-southport/8342825002/

One of my favorite basketball days of the year.   Light on the IU recruits but I will still be going.  Hopefully I will see some of you there 

Good to see Central Noble in this.  Go Cougars!

Annual Forum Tipoff Classic is next Saturday the 11th at Southport HS.  Doors open at 11:30.  Chance to watch several players with IU offers or players with possible IU interest.

'23 J. Q. Roberts - Bloomington North

'24 Lyna Brooks - Franklin Central

'23 Logan Imes - Zionsville.

'23 Xavier Booker - Cathedral

ISC Sports Network Subscription