Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Forum tipoff classic

10 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

I've gone the last 3 years it hasn't disappointed yet besides watching Gelon score 0 points

For those interested it is 10 bucks for the whole day and Southport is huge so there will be no problem getting tickets the day of the event

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I remember the Indiana Kentucky All Stars game, the game in Kentucky found an Indiana squad without 5 of its players, so only 8 on the roster.  Still, he managed 0 points.  

What a great lineup of games!  I remember watching Romeo vs Wilkes last year, but I'm not sure who carried it.  My guess is Fox Sport Indiana.  Sure hope they pick this up.

It was sad watching how dominant Wilkes and his team looked that day. Romeo had a pretty good game too, but it wasn't competitive and Wilkes looked like the better prospect that day due to the matchup.

It was sad watching how dominant Wilkes and his team looked that day. Romeo had a pretty good game too, but it wasn't competitive and Wilkes looked like the better prospect that day due to the matchup.

That was a 1 point game at half. North central came out on fire. Little and Rivera helped Wilkes out in the second half

That was a 1 point game at half. North central came out on fire. Little and Rivera helped Wilkes out in the second half

True. Ended 84-60. Big skill discrepancy. Romeo hit some big shots to keep it close. The second half was a route. Little and Rivera plus Wilkes overpowered them at the rim.

True. Ended 84-60. Big skill discrepancy. Romeo hit some big shots to keep it close. The second half was a route. Little and Rivera plus Wilkes overpowered them at the rim.

Early in the season North Central was clearly the best team in the state however as the season went on they were not as dominant. Either teams got better and they never did or they got worse. If new Albany would of played them in the state tournament I would of picked New Albany. To have all that talent the last couple of years and never win a regional has to be upsetting for north central fans

That's a shame. Would've been a very easy and convenient recruiting day for the staff.

Ahh, true.

I'm sure they'll be making plenty of well-calculated contacts after the game. They'll get good contact in the days before the game too.

I can't wait for this event. I've already notified my wife to keep our schedule clear lol.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

On 8/9/2017 at 6:35 PM, goonaha said:

That's a shame. Would've been a very easy and convenient recruiting day for the staff.

The good news is that most of the other primary challengers will likely also have games and won't be in attendance as well.  And while I don't know this for a fact, it's probably a no contact period anyway so all we could do is watch. Anybody who knows the recruiting rules with certainty please don't hesitate to correct me.

The good news is that most of the other primary challengers will likely also have games and won't be in attendance as well.  And while I don't know this for a fact, it's probably a no contact period anyway so all we could do is watch. Anybody who knows the recruiting rules with certainty please don't hesitate to correct me.

The only head coaches I've seen at this event the past 3 years were Fran all 3 years and Mack last year

I think this is scheduled for the Sunday the 10th and IU plays UL of Sat the 9th so hopefully the coaches get to the event.

Check it out here - twitter.com/forumtipoff?lang=en

Edited by Dennis
Include a link to verify the date

I think this is scheduled for the Sunday the 10th and IU plays UL of Sat the 9th so hopefully the coaches get to the event.
Check it out here - twitter.com/forumtipoff?lang=en

If you're looking at the classics twitter page it is showing the 10th because it hasn't been updated for this year. Brian Snow and inside the hall have both said it will be on the 9th this year.

Thanks - I just researched it a little more and found the following on PREP HOOPS / INDIANA:

December 9th. Southport Fieldhouse. That is the location of the best event in Indiana for the high school season this year. Brian Snow and company have put together another stellar lineup of games and there are more than a few outstanding storylines to pay attention to.

From Romeo Langford vs. Keion Brooks Jr. to Jerome Hunter vs. Damezi Anderson, Robert Phinisee vs. Eric Hunter and everything in between.

This event has built up over the years and is now looking like one of the best events in the Midwest.

8 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

You can get them now at the schools that are participating.

I think you've mentioned that the event typically does not sell out and that tickets at the door on game day are not a problem.  Am I remembering correctly?  And if so, would you anticipate that not being possible this year given the star power of the teams involved?