Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

Forum tipoff classic

If you live in the Indy area, I highly recommend attending this event at southport today. It starts at 11:30. All 6 games feature an Indiana commitor target in the upcoming recruiting classes. It is 10 dollars for all 6 games. I will be there for the first 3 games. I will give updates on the games if anyone is interested

At the time I just thought it was an offensive foul nothing more until I saw Albers tweet. I didn't think it was intentional. But u can tell he is frustrated. He is having a terrible game

Bear in mind, Albers tends to jump to conclusions pretty quickly so who knows. Thanks for the updates. Really wish I could've gone to this.

Phone died so I didn't get to update the last game I watched. Romeo Langford is really good. He was the best prospect out of all the games I watched today. I hope the coaching staff go all in on him. No one could in front of him and he got fouled a lot and had a nice put back dunk. I came away really impressed with him

Not much reaction to Grant's performance today. Going to be an interesting year. I realize he is a long term project/prospect, but why not guys like Kyle Guy and Ryan Cline if he is willing to take Gelon? Crean loves tall shooters.

USPS, any other comments based on your scouting report? Curious to hear about dribbling, passing, defense, etc.

Not much reaction to Grant's performance today. Going to be an interesting year. I realize he is a long term project/prospect, but why not guys like Kyle Guy and Ryan Cline if he is willing to take Gelon? Crean loves tall shooters.

USPS, any other comments based on your scouting report? Curious to hear about dribbling, passing, defense, etc.

i think with guy he along with painter and holtman just missed the boat early on in his recruitment. He wasn't highly rated early on and they prioritized other kids from the state over him (Gordon). In an interview after he committed to Virginia he clearly stated that Virginia made him feel like their first option instead of a back up plan like other schools involved made him feel. He continued to work and got a lot better and made Bennett look smart when he became a top recruit. As far as grant this was one of the games he will want to forget. If I didn't know he was an iu recruit nothing he did would of stood out to make me think he was a college level player. He had an off night all kids have had them ( I wish his off night was a different night). As far as passing he didn't handle it enough for me to get a good feel. He played SF and didn't bring the ball up. Even when warren central pressed he wasn't one to come up and relieve pressure he stayed long. Defense will be a work in progress and as with every high school kid he will need to hit the weight room. Even though he only took a couple of shots his shot form is text book. It is pure as they come. This is event was really fun and for hoops junkies 6 good high school games for 10 bucks is a bargain. Mike peegs, Albers and brain snow were all there scouting. Fran was the only high level coach I saw. I'm glad he didn't stay for romeo's game. Lol