Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

krock1986

Will Troy Williams ever be consistent?

I gotta start out by saying that Troy Williams is a freak athlete and I love watching him play. But I also cringe every-time he touches the ball still. It seems like his shot selection will prevent him from being a consistent player. Half of his shots are circus shots and when he makes them we are amazed when he misses we are screaming at the top of our lungs with anger! Any thoughts on this?? Am I the only one that feels this way!!!? I've been praying to Bobby knight to give answers!! Lol

I think this is what you get with athletes first type of players. Even VO was a bit inconsistent on offense but you could always count on his defense. That is not the case with Troy

so true. VO gets glorified and rightfully so but his Offense was hit or miss. Wasn't able to be a volume scorer due to shooting concerns.

Don't crucify me for this because I love Vic but he wasn't flawless.

This all being said give me a team of 13 Vic's.

This is not meant to bash Troy in any way, just what I see.

It seems Troy has ADHD. He can go a series of plays where he looks under control. He appears to have found the balance and then, boom! he goes all crazy. It seems like he just has to get that burst of energy out. He had some AMAZING passes in Maui. On defense when off ball, he starts to get jittery and feels the need to swipe at the driver or get closer to the ball. It feels like the mistakes have never been corrected at any level and that's held him back as a player.

This is not meant to bash Troy in any way, just what I see.

It seems Troy has ADHD. He can go a series of plays where he looks under control. He appears to have found the balance and then, boom! he goes all crazy. It seems like he just has to get that burst of energy out. He had some AMAZING passes in Maui. On defense when off ball, he starts to get jittery and feels the need to swipe at the driver or get closer to the ball. It feels like the mistakes have never been corrected at any level and that's held him back as a player.

I think you're almost right. I have either heard him or Boo talking about how he sees the court. Troy just processes everything faster and sees it faster than any of us can. So when he moves as quickly as he sees he makes more errors. When he is forced to slow down he gets impatient like you said. It's related to ADHD for sure.

He needs to train himself to want to slow down. He needs to see and process that fast but be comfortable moving slowly and he'll be one of the best players out there anywhere. Some NBA scouts are going to see this, know how to fix it, and snag him.

I like watching Troy and he has a TON of potential, but I think of Troy like I do with a few others we have.  He's a very good player, but not a good team player.  Him, Yogi, and JBJ are all very good players, but not good team players.  I feel bad saying that because of their importance to this team, but they also hurt IU as well.  Troy's quickness is a great strength of his, but also his biggest downfall.  Hope he finds consistency, we really need him. 

Wonder what would happen if Troy doesn't start one game coming up.....  *social media blow out lol

I like watching Troy and he has a TON of potential, but I think of Troy like I do with a few others we have. He's a very good player, but not a good team player. Him, Yogi, and JBJ are all very good players, but not good team players. I feel bad saying that because of their importance to this team, but they also hurt IU as well. Troy's quickness is a great strength of his, but also his biggest downfall. Hope he finds consistency, we really need him.

Wonder what would happen if Troy doesn't start one game coming up..... *social media blow out lol

Social media meaning Momma Williams

I do hope he gets more consistent. He's a good kid. Seems like he has had a tough road of it. I don't think he had a father around and his mother has a bad disease. I believe his uncle is his legal guardian.

All in all I'd say he's doing the best he can. Just think of how he feels seeing and hearing about the tweets/facebooks etc his mother does...He's got to be embarrassed to death.

And I know for a lot of us our mothers would be the opposite. When my coach would bench me my mother was the first to say "you can sit there and cry or work your backside off to prove yourself." I'm extremely thankful for that upbringing and hope players/parents realize it's for the good of the team and individual. Prove to everyone and yourself you're that player Troy.

He has all the gifts needed to EXCEL in the NBA. He needs to commit himself and if he does, both he and IUBB will reap the benefits.

Thanks for bringing us back to a critical and depressing reality, Rookie