Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

IU vs Austin Peay Post Game Thread

I don't understand this being called "fun" basketball. There's no communication or effort on defense. Offensively, there's no movement except for the dribble drive, we don't play through the post (even with an all-American down there), we jack up threes at any time (even when there's wide open post player). We don't value the ball: passes through multiple defenders, jumping without knowing what to do with the ball, dribbling into multiple defenders, dribbling without body control or before there's true possession. These are correctable mistakes, but I've learned over the last seven years that these mistakes will not be corrected. It will be interesting if this style looks fun against teams like Duke.

I don't understand this being called "fun" basketball. There's no communication or effort on defense. Offensively, there's no movement except for the dribble drive, we don't play through the post (even with an all-American down there), we jack up threes at any time (even when there's wide open post player). We don't value the ball: passes through multiple defenders, jumping without knowing what to do with the ball, dribbling into multiple defenders, dribbling without body control or before there's true possession. These are correctable mistakes, but I've learned over the last seven years that these mistakes will not be corrected. It will be interesting if this style looks fun against teams like Duke.

Got to enjoy people who think like you.

Yes our d needs work but it was more a combination of taking too many chances and the other team just hitting tough shots. These are things that can be improved on through the season. Last year we were getting killed down low with uncontested shots. I'm more hopeful this year that our defense won't take us out of games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-xWhG4UU_Y

Our defense showed both how good and how vulnerable it can be this season so far. We go lengthy stretches where the other team just can't get anything going, and others where we look like we did last year. I'm hoping it has something to do with the deep rotation in these early games, but hard to tell without doing some video review...

Gotta love people criticizing the offense after a 66% shooting performance and breaking the century mark...

Fun fact: Thomas Bryant has played a total of 40 minutes this season. 19 and 21 in his first two games. This team is just warming up. Also, Crean coached teams have shown that they play up or down based on the skill of the opposing team. We saw what the offense is capable of tonight.

Another fun item from tonight's farm: Crean benched JBJ and Troy to start the second half in favor of Hartman and RoJo. When did we ever see him do that after a poor effort over the last two years? I think Coach and this team have matured/grown over the last two years.

Gotta love people criticizing the offense after a 66% shooting performance and breaking the century mark...

My issue is this number of threes without any motion or screens or working through the post is unsustainable. This won't work on a consistent basis against quality teams.

My issue is this number of threes without any motion or screens or working through the post is unsustainable. This won't work on a consistent basis against quality teams.

We didn't work through the post during 2 Zeller years and a Vonleh year, I would've been stunned to see it start now.

It works when it's working though. When a good perimeter team starts hammering, it's often due to ball movement or just hot hands. I don't think you should choose to stop it when they can throw it in the ocean.

While I agree in most situations, we were on fire from deep today. No reason to go away from it until it stops working and it never stopped today. 

FYI, forget his name but I actually enjoyed the color analysts call. Thought he was much better than most BTN analysts. 

They were way better than the people who act like they know what they're talking about. It was like listening to the drunken ramblings of my uncle while I'm trying to watch the game.

I would take him over any of our football announcers.