Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

weaverswonders6

Travel Thread

Chain O' Lakes State Park in NE Indiana is a very nice place for small boaters. Sounds like it might be a long trip for you to get there, but it's a great park to visit. A number of small lakes with connecting channels.
Here's a DNR link:  https://www.in.gov/dnr/parklake/2987.htm

Yep love the Chain O’ Lakes. We have a spot up on Dewart Lake. Been in our family since the channel was dug in 1972. Solid fishing on most all of the lakes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

One of my favorite places to vacation at is Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN. We were supposed to go this summer but was cancelled with it being a family reunion and a lot of older family members attending due to COVID.
We are going next summer and I’m really excited. Love the hikes in the Smokey Mountain National Park and the distilleries. Moonshine and whiskey here I come :)
Also, any recommendations for a tropical 10 year anniversary spot? Either Mexico or the Caribbean with a resort? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

One of my favorite places to vacation at is Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN. We were supposed to go this summer but was cancelled with it being a family reunion and a lot of older family members attending due to COVID.
We are going next summer and I’m really excited. Love the hikes in the Smokey Mountain National Park and the distilleries. Moonshine and whiskey here I come :)
Also, any recommendations for a tropical 10 year anniversary spot? Either Mexico or the Caribbean with a resort? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

We went twice over the summer and again a couple of weeks ago. Tennessee is a lot more laid back than some other states. I live in KY but my offices are in TN and AL. The differences in just simply going out to in in TN vs KY is night and day

We went twice over the summer and again a couple of weeks ago. Tennessee is a lot more laid back than some other states. I live in KY but my offices are in TN and AL. The differences in just simply going out to in in TN vs KY is night and day

Where at in Kentucky? We haven’t done it a ton, but I like to fish at Kentucky Lake.

While waiting to disembark in Copenhagen, the guy in the next row asked if we were from Indiana (of course , I’m wearing an IU hat). He lived in Bloomington for a bit, we talked IU for a second. A flight attendant from Denmark joined in, her daughter goes to IU! Love it when this happens!

48 minutes ago, mamasa said:

While waiting to disembark in Copenhagen, the guy in the next row asked if we were from Indiana (of course , I’m wearing an IU hat). He lived in Bloomington for a bit, we talked IU for a second. A flight attendant from Denmark joined in, her daughter goes to IU! Love it when this happens!

Love these experiences and stories.

On 4/21/2023 at 6:24 PM, OliviaPope40 said:

Recently went to Charleston South Carolina had never been and had really good weather but flying out of Charleston on Delta was a mess.

Wife & I spent 5 days there last Feb. Tons of history and charm, one of my favorite places now.

I just found this thread. I love to travel and have been to all the 50 states and i think 5 of the continents. Lived in various places around the world including Africa for 2 years Panama for 1 and numerous deployments to Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq traveling to many of the outlying countries around them. Just recently returned from S. Korea.

1 hour ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

I just found this thread. I love to travel and have been to all the 50 states and i think 5 of the continents. Lived in various places around the world including Africa for 2 years Panama for 1 and numerous deployments to Kuwait, Afghanistan, Iraq traveling to many of the outlying countries around them. Just recently returned from S. Korea.

Further proving that Alaska is the most interesting man in the world!

1 hour ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

I'm interested in hearing about your African and Panamanian experiences. Any deployments too, if you are willing. So Korea official US business or tourism?

(Only 40 states and 2 continents here.) 

2 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Definitely thought you would have preferred the weather in the North. I'm more of a Jeju-do kind of dude.

4 hours ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

What part of Alaska?  I’ve hiked Alaska, around Seward, The Harding Icefield Trail.

I'm in the interior of Alaska. Just north of Fairbanks even though we say we are from Fairbanks. i love Seward but there are too many tourists in the summer for me. The Kenai penninsula is rather extraordinary. I too have been on the Harding icefield trail down there. the pucker factor is always 10 for bears along that trail though. they aren't just numerous, they are big and hungry! Actually, that's about anywhere down there in the summer. I was fishing down there once time and a big ol' hairy friend decided to walk right up behind me to see what dinner he could take. I didn't see him until i smelled him next to me. Needless to say there was no way i could get my pistol out in time and i got seriously lucky humans weren't the special that day.

Presently in Portugal on the south coast.  Lots of olive, cork, orange trees. Beautiful vista's and lots of fish dishes and wines. Lagos is a fun place. There are no guns allowed without special reasons. 

. I will be enjoying ruby port wine and cheering IU football. If I am awake.

23 minutes ago, Dave from Dayton said:

Presently in Portugal on the south coast.  Lots of olive, cork, orange trees. Beautiful vista's and lots of fish dishes and wines. Lagos is a fun place. There are no guns allowed without special reasons. 

. I will be enjoying ruby port wine and cheering IU football. If I am awake.

Sounds like a great trip!! Enjoy!