Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coonhounds

Iu vs eastern Illinois post game thread

How many of the turnovers came during mop up time with the walk on's and reserves

Not that many actually. I checked that to explain it away and the accounted for like 3 or 4. I mean, still a good chunk, but 3 from rojo and 2 each for JBJ and TB are bigger deals.

... Do people really want him to do that against Purdue or Maryland? I guess if we're blowing them out, sure whatever. But if it is close, those are free points. If we're getting blown out it just looks dumb

You don't think him cramming one on Stone or Swanigan or Haas then going absolutely berzerk would be awesome...? I have dreams about that type of thing happening.

... Do people really want him to do that against Purdue or Maryland? I guess if we're blowing them out, sure whatever. But if it is close, those are free points. If we're getting blown out it just looks dumb

I have no idea how representative I am, but absolutely. If TB did that to Swanigan it would be worth every free throw.

I think there are times when Crean should have gone far enough to get a technical but he hasn't and he would be a better coach if he would. Refs are human too.

You're totally right if the game is only about the play on the court, like if the game were in a video game. The atmosphere is huge, that's why away games are hard. If you can make it deafening in there or absolutely silence a crowd and rile up your visiting fans, you can gain a huge advantage for at least a little bit. Inability to communicate on the floor for the other team, refs get a little more favorable. I'll take all that for a couple shots.

Well I mean he is a center... So he's not exactly supposed to be quick and super athletic. He's fine for the position he plays.

I'm talking about for a center, footwork looks slow and he's not looking like he can even jump 9 inches. Maybe his foot injury set him back more then I thought.

I'm talking about for a center, footwork looks slow and he's not looking like he can even jump 9 inches. Maybe his foot injury set him back more then I thought.

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/thomas-bryant-pf-2015. Here's a scouting report on his strengths and weaknesses coming into college. Reading the scouting reports from other analyst his footwork is suppose to be one of his strengths. I want to see how he does against other high major centers. You might be right that his foot his holding him back a little

https://future150.com/hs/basketball-profiles/thomas-bryant-pf-2015. Here's a scouting report on his strengths and weaknesses coming into college. Reading the scouting reports from other analyst his footwork is suppose to be one of his strengths. I want to see how he does against other high major centers. You might be right that his foot his holding him back a little

Yeah I always thought his mobility was supposed to be one of he his strengths that's why I've been confused when watching him play.

Nope. He CAN run the floor, he just looks awkward doing it.  His vertical jump has always been a weakness thus Crean's promotional plug this offseason.  TB's motor and length have been and is his biggest attributes.  He is not a pure athlete but his size and motor make up for it.  What I have found though, athleticism is the toughest thing to "teach".  TB is a great player for us but he has his limitations as do all players.  The NBA scouts will LOVE his length but hate his jumping ability.  Crean knows this.  

Although that one handed Oop from Troy in the preseason says he is "athletic" enough for me. 

Nope. He CAN run the floor, he just looks awkward doing it. His vertical jump has always been a weakness thus Crean's promotional plug this offseason. TB's motor and length have been and is his biggest attributes. He is not a pure athlete but his size and motor make up for it. What I have found though, athleticism is the toughest thing to "teach". TB is a great player for us but he has his limitations as do all players. The NBA scouts will LOVE his length but hate his jumping ability. Crean knows this.

Although that one handed Oop from Troy in the preseason says he is "athletic" enough for me.

I'm less interested in him running up and down the floor then him being able to move his feet in the paint and being able to get into a position to score better. If A 6'10 guy catching a wide open oop is athletic enough then He should be fine going up against Hammons and company in the BIG.

I prefer the quiet confidence that Zeller displayed his freshman year against Leonard/Illinois. Took the ball up strong and jacked Leonard in the jaw in the process. Not a word spoken. Just the attitude of "I'll be here all day"

But I need to quit being negative. I just asked to see if anyone else thought the same or I just wasn't see it.

I think Zeller was quick to his spot but could be forced off it easily. That's why we didn't see many passes in the paint. This dude will fight for his spot and that's why we saw him catching balls in the post and trying to get to the rim. I think this is what type a player this team has been missing. Someone who will fight down low. We aren't going to be soft this year which I absolutely love.