Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) PF De'Ron Davis to IU

Our front court should be pretty nasty next year.. TB, DD, OG and Morgan

This is why I'm excited about next year. We will have a good front court that we haven't had since Zeller-Watford, and will have RoJo leading the way with Newkirk and CuJo. We will miss Yogi, but I feel next year's team will be more team oriented. Curious what's going to happen with JBJ and Troy.

This is why I'm excited about next year. We will have a good front court that we haven't had since Zeller-Watford, and will have RoJo leading the way with Newkirk and CuJo. We will miss Yogi, but I feel next year's team will be more team oriented. Curious what's going to happen with JBJ and Troy.

A lot of upswing in that line up next year. We won't be as automatic from 3...but I'm ok with that.

In the words of Donald Trump---this is HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE! Love the frontcourt options with Davis and the returning players. I suspect we add one more----Can you imagine if Thon says yes????

This is the first thing I've read on this site in a long time that has slightly made me happy. Where is Alaska and his Thon hype?

For me the jury is still out on TB. Can he rise to the occasion and meet the expectations that we are comparing him to?

Once big ten season starts and the real crowds come I think he will feed on the energy. He's already 100x better on guarding the pick and rolls now that he his hedging hard. And although it was only Mcneese St. it seems like we at least tried to get him more post touches. The more touches he gets the more enthusiastic he will get. It can really make a player angry and lose his mojo when he constantly has a man pinned in the post and doesn't get touches. I'm not saying he's gunna be a world beater but i think he's gunna grow up quick come big ten. 

A lot of upswing in that line up next year. We won't be as automatic from 3...but I'm ok with that.

Sometimes the whole is less than the sum of the parts. I have nothing against Troy and JBJ but I think we may be a better "team" without them. Just one old man's opinion.

De'Ron's high school team is participating in the Tarkanian Classic in Las Vegas.  A huge event stretched over several days.  They won their first game and this is all I've found thus far: 

Overland (Aurora, Col.) 62, Poly (Long Beach) 43
Senior Jervae Robinson, a 6-foot-1 combo guard drawing D1 interest, scored 19 points in the win over injury-depleted Poly. The Jackrabbits also had trouble slowing down Indiana-bound power forward Deron Davis, who finished with 10 points.  They played again today and defeated Dillard H.S. from Ft. Lauderdale 49 - 45.  Can't find any detailed box scores.

Overland play again on Saturday.  Finals are held on Monday the 21st.

http://www.tarkanianclassic.com/2015home.html

De'Ron's high school team is participating in the Tarkanian Classic in Las Vegas.  A huge event stretched over several days.  They won their first game and this is all I've found thus far: 

Overland (Aurora, Col.) 62, Poly (Long Beach) 43
Senior Jervae Robinson, a 6-foot-1 combo guard drawing D1 interest, scored 19 points in the win over injury-depleted Poly. The Jackrabbits also had trouble slowing down Indiana-bound power forward Deron Davis, who finished with 10 points.  They played again today and defeated Dillard H.S. from Ft. Lauderdale 49 - 45.  Can't find any detailed box scores.

Overland play again on Saturday.  Finals are held on Monday the 21st.

http://www.tarkanianclassic.com/2015home.html

Should be added...

Evan Daniels @EvanDaniels
Just watched IU signee De'Ron Davis. Usually it's his O that impresses, but today he was active on D. Blocked shot & showed good timing.