Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) PF De'Ron Davis to IU

I think they likely would play because I think Thon is very overrated and not nearly ready to leave after 1 year.  But all it takes is somebody making promises into his ear to trick him

So was Vonleh, didn't keep him here. Raw potential and physical gifts can be enough for some teams. I don't know how deep the 2017 draft will be so I can't say who his competition will be.

What's also amazing is that they were able to bring in a 5 star backup option so quickly. Howland has $omething $pecial to offer!!!

This is going to be funny. Usually a fan base starts slinging sour grapes when they lose out, but in this case they will be far more likely to be flung when we win!

When was the last time you saw a message board declare "we got our guy, and the other guys cheat!"

They could play together if we landed Thon and he knew Matur was coming and decided not to go to the NBA after one year because he wanted to play with his brother in college.

I mean, it's unlikely and involves foregoing millions of dollars for an extra year and risking injury, but possible.

Sure. Anything is possible. But would you bet money on it happening?

What's also amazing is that they were able to bring in a 5 star backup option so quickly. Howland has $omething $pecial to offer!!!

Yeah. I didn't believe all of of this at first but the ease in which he got Huell to come visit, is throwing up a major red flag with me.

Yeah. I didn't believe all of of this at first but the ease in which he got Huell to come visit, is throwing up a major red flag with me.

Not that Howland has a history with these sorts of things...cough cough...Shabazz Muhammad...cough cough.

They could play together if we landed Thon and he knew Matur was coming and decided not to go to the NBA after one year because he wanted to play with his brother in college.

I mean, it's unlikely and involves foregoing millions of dollars for an extra year and risking injury, but possible.

I think Matur was considering reclassifying to 2016 at one point, not sure if he is now,

Not that Howland has a history with these sorts of things...cough cough...Shabazz Muhammad...cough cough.

UCLA wasn't really in the wrong with Shabazz as far as I remember. It was Shabazz's father. 

I think most of you are underselling how good of a coach Howland is. He went to three straight Final Fours. The guy can recruit. He had Kevin Love, Westbrook, etc. He can tell recruits that and they'll listen. He doesn't need to cheat. 

UCLA wasn't really in the wrong with Shabazz as far as I remember. It was Shabazz's father.

I think most of you are underselling how good of a coach Howland is. He went to three straight Final Fours. The guy can recruit. He had Kevin Love, Westbrook, etc. He can tell recruits that and they'll listen. He doesn't need to cheat.

He hasn't had success in a while and he wasn't bringing in classes like these when he was actually going to those final fours. Many coaches have pros they can show you.

You give him more credit than I.  What sticks in my memory are the final three seasons with double digit losses, the Muhammad recruiting (I don't care if it is a parent, handler or player that instigates the trouble, the head coach should know better), other questionable recruiting, underperfomance of a much hyped 2012 recruiting class, strife amongst the team and transfers.  And I don't by the argument that nothing was ever proven, there was certainly smoke, and the only reason the NCAA never found fire was the ineptitude of their own investigator requiring them to back off.

He hasn't had success in a while and he wasn't bringing in classes like these when he was actually going to those final fours. Many coaches have pros they can show you.

His last year at UCLA he finished 1st in the Pac10. Sure, a decent amount of coaches have players in the pros. How many have 2 top 10 players that play on two of the best teams in the NBA? UCLA currently has 15 players in the NBA, most of which Howland is responsible for. http://www.uclabruins.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209744938