Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Thanks so much for starting and continuing this thread about IU hockey teams.  After graduating from IU-B, I worked in Madison WI and eventually got an engineering degree from UW-M.  Meanwhile, my wife and I had season tickets to the UW men's hockey.  It was a riot!

I never missed it when IU visited in basketball and/or football.

Every high school in Wisconsin floods their football practice fields and they become hockey rinks.  I just walked two short blocks to the close high school rink.  Lakes all over up there were frozen.  

Not like southern Indiana.  

By the way, I was at IU when soccer became a varsity sport.  It happens.

There’s a handful of us that love hockey here. I went to school w Tom Holdeman, who was drafted by the Oilers, and his brother went on to coach IU. I’d love to see the 2 clubs merge and become a legit varsity sport!

Would be AWESOME if Indiana made the commitment to D1. I think it’s quite unlikely but to me, it’s always been the best sport. Combines all the things I like. Speed, physicality, team play, high skill threshold. Granted I like higher scoring sports, and really enjoy when the game opens up. I almost played at Indiana when I was there, it was a club sport at that time. Very physical. Indiana at that time was consistently one of the best club teams in the nation. I had too much on my plate to play, although it’s one of my life’s regrets if I could have made it work.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, mamasa said:

There’s a handful of us that love hockey here. I went to school w Tom Holdeman, who was drafted by the Oilers, and his brother went on to coach IU. I’d love to see the 2 clubs merge and become a legit varsity sport!

My wife and I visited Arizona in the early 2000s and took in an UofA vs ASU hockey game. Probably the most fun I’ve ever had at a hockey game. That rivalry is intense!

I've seen them play at the Pop Warner rink at the Fairgrounds.  I enjoy supporting them.

My dream is, one day, they get enough support (and donations) to build a rink that would justify NCAA level programming, but that's probably not gonna happen.  Hockey is expensive to operate.

KENYON HAT TRICK AND LATE RALLY PUSH IU OVER MICHIGAN 7-4 (1/21/22)

By: Kelsey Dennehy

Jan 21, 2022

Kenyon hat trick and late rally push IU over Michigan 7-4 (1/21/22)

By Kelsey Dennehy

ANN ARBOR, Mich. - Tonight was a night for leadership, as the outstanding play of the upperclassmen led Club Ice Hockey at Indiana University (12-5-1, 8-3-0 TSCHL) to a 7-4 victory over the University of Michigan Wolverines (16-10-0, 8-3-0 TSCHL) in the first game of the two-game set.

Indiana played their first game back from break tonight in the Yost Ice Arena, where they shut down a five-game Wolverine winning streak. Indiana Sophomore goaltender Sammy Bilis fended off 39 out of 43 shots on the net to support his offense-driven team in a hard-fought battle.

While Michigan netminder Riley Noble wasn’t too far behind with 32 out of 39 saves, the IU offense capitalized on those opportunities to get past Michigan in their first match-up of two for the weekend.

After Cade Kenyon’s two goals in the opening 40 seconds, the Cream and Crimson quickly gained momentum. The Wolverines answered with a goal but found senior Brock Huber in the box with a five-minute major for boarding. The IU powerplay got to work, and Tommy MacDonald poked home a rebound and then another to finish the first period 4-1.

It was a slow-developing second period for the Indiana team as they found themselves killing off a 5-3 penalty right off the bat. The Cream and Crimson made it even-strength before the Wolverines bit back with two more goals, forcing the tally up 4-3 and holding it out until the third.

Michigan tied it up 4-4 in the final stretch with a third unanswered goal, but Jack Null did not see that as an option as he wristed in a beautiful goal off of a pass from Jack Kissell, bringing the Cream and Crimson back into the driver’s seat with a 5-4 lead.

Kissell played on, despite sustaining a hard blow to the nose resulting in a stoppage of play to clean up the ice. Regarding the injury, Kissell admitted that it was certainly inconvenient, but “won’t affect much going forward.”

A one-goal advantage was not enough for Cade Kenyon, who snuck one in from Will Gerami to complete his first collegiate hat trick. Vlad Khrushch polished off the Wolverines with a seventh and final lamp-lighter to lead Indiana to victory.

Senior Cade Kenyon commended his fellow upperclassmen for helping “set the tone early” and providing the team with a good “jolt” to keep them flying until the final buzzer. The offense was able to convert one of their five man advantages, and came back from a slow, exhausting start to the second period. 

When it came down to it, Kenyon applauded the complete team effort, as they “responded well” to the struggle and pushed through the third period, which he avouches “was definitely what helped us out there at the end.”

Indiana is back in action against Michigan tomorrow at the Yost Ice Arena with a 3 PM puck drop. The Wolverines will be seeking revenge as the Cream and Crimson attempt to close out the road trip with their ninth win in 10 games.

For the first time in 184 days, it’s game day! For those of you that aren’t able to make the trek out to Columbus today or tomorrow and still want to follow the Hoosiers, our media team will have the games live streamed on our YouTube channel. The link is in our bio!

May be an image of text that says 'GAMERA GAMED Indiana HOCKEY VS CONCORDIA HAMILTON ICE CENTER FRIDAY, 9/16 COLUMBUS, SATURDAY, 9/17 9:30PM 5:45PM'