Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Let's Talk Hockey

50 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

I’m not a hockey “fan” at all. My extent of knowledge of the sport comes from playing NHL video games. That being said, you’re absolutely right here. Outside of some really great atmosphere games from my time at IU and my annual trip to the Indy 500, the most fun I’ve ever had at a sporting event was a regular season Blackhawks/Maple Leafs game. The atmosphere is great by itself, but TV doesn’t do justice to how fast and physical the sport is. It’s amazing to watch. If I lived closer to a pro team, I’d likely become a fan and attend multiple games a year. 

Also NHL games have the hottest chicks in the stands of any sporting event I've seen

5 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Go Lightnings!

Yessir!!!  Let the 3peat happen.

There's plenty of room for you to stay on this bandwagon after the Islanders return to glory too

Yessir!!!  Let the 3peat happen.
There's plenty of room for you to stay on this bandwagon after the Islanders return to glory too
Nah, just hanging on the end of the zip line while you destroy the stinking Rangers.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, LIHoosier said:

Nah, just hanging on the end of the zip line while you destroy the stinking Rangers.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Ya know, it's funny.  I'd forgotten how obnoxious Rangers fans are because they haven't had any playoff success in years.  Now that they're here, it's all come rushing back.  Yuck.

What happened to your Islanders this year?  I'd say that last year against them was the most difficult series the Bolts had in the last 2 and a half Cup years...then they were so bad this year.  What happened?

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Ya know, it's funny.  I'd forgotten how obnoxious Rangers fans are because they haven't had any playoff success in years.  Now that they're here, it's all come rushing back.  Yuck.

What happened to your Islanders this year?  I'd say that last year against them was the most difficult series the Bolts had in the last 2 and a half Cup years...then they were so bad this year.  What happened?

The new arena at Belmont Park was delayed in construction so the Isles had a 6 week road trip and didn't open at home till about Thanksgiving. Then during the homestand, half the team got the Omicron variant but they had to play the AHL team while other teams got a freaking week off. By New Year's there were so many games and points to make up, it was a lost cause. They were respectable the 2nd half of the year and didn't tank the season; which may have been a better option if I had any idea of what the draft class is like.

10 hours ago, Josh said:

**** yeah!!!!!!

Your Tampa Bay Lightning advance to their 3rd straight Stanley Cup Finals.  

Tampa Bay plays Colorado on Wednesday to start the best of 7 Finals 

You still on the wagon @LIHoosier?

Thanks, but I'm good now. Like St Peter's a few months ago, you saved a fan base's sanity.