Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Prepare early for a meltdown!!!

I know I'm old, but am I the only one that immediately thinks of Izzo and Sparty and not Howland and Sippi St. when I see MSU?  

Absolutely. I have been careful to say Miss State or some variation every time because of that exact factor. I keep reading posts and thinking "Great, MSU is on him too"

This problem is enhanced for me because I live in the PNW. So, people talk about "OSU" all the time and expect me to immediately think Oregon State rather than Ohio State. Like anyone is ever thinking about Oregon State outside of this area.

Howland has been on Davis for about as long as IU (yes I k ow when IU offered). We lost our lead recruiter for Davis and Howland has stayed in contact. If Davis goes to MSU, it shouldn't be a shock.

this is howlands first year at Msu, Iu has been on Davis since 8th grade

Lets be honest, Mississippi State should never have a better Basketball recruiting class than Indiana no matter who the coach is. If they do, it's time to fully reevaluate our recruiting process.

Granted, I KNOW there is a lot of time left in recruiting and I AM making assumptions for the sake of thought/discussion.

2016 recruiting could get very interesting in a short while. As of now we are replacing Yogi 5 star Ferrell with Newkirk and Curtis Jones and people seem pleased.

Lets be honest, Mississippi State should never have a better Basketball recruiting class than Indiana no matter who the coach is. If they do, it's time to fully reevaluate our recruiting process.

Granted, I KNOW there is a lot of time left in recruiting and I AM making assumptions for the sake of thought/discussion.

2016 recruiting could get very interesting in a short while. As of now we are replacing Yogi 5 star Ferrell with Newkirk and Curtis Jones and people seem pleased.

Huge drop off at pg next year. We need immediate impact guys. Which is why I want Kegler so bad. He can fill Troys spot and is probably more ready to play than Troy was.

if Mississippi state lands everyone in your meltdown senario, that would be a top 5 class and they would have a better recruiting class then almost every other basketball school not named Kentucky or Duke.   There is only a small percentage of fans that actually follow recruiting this closely.  Most  IU fans will never know about missing on some of these guys.  I know people that are fans that won't know about bryant, juwan, and og until they play their first game. 

if Mississippi state lands everyone in your meltdown senario, that would be a top 5 class and they would have a better recruiting class then almost every other basketball school not named Kentucky or Duke.   There is only a small percentage of fans that actually follow recruiting this closely.  Most  IU fans will never know about missing on some of these guys.  I know people that are fans that won't know about bryant, juwan, and og until they play their first game. 

Totally true. Go ask a casual IU fan their opinion on Max or Newkirk and see what kind of reaction you get. Heck, obviously I do follow closely and even I forget they're on our team sometimes. I hear Max and my first thought is "no, he's gone".

Also, sorry for even posting this topic. I didn't mean to cause an uproar. We may very well still get 1 or both of these guys.

My disappointment in our recruiting results spilling over.

Sorry peeps. I stand by my thoughts posted here but didn't mean to knock over the apple cart.

No need to apologize. Its been good discussion. Some get mad anytime recruiting is brought up.

any college coach will tell you recruiting is the biggest factor in winning games. Teams with the best players generally win on every level. Following recruiting is your best window into the future. Plus it's tons of fun.

true Teams with great coaching can usually win no matter how highly or lowly ranked their recruiting class is ranked (Stevens, Marshall, Ryan) to name few. Also follow recuiting has made me a bigger college basketball( if that was possible) because now when I'm watching during the season I will pay close attention to the ones that got away. Good discussion

Totally true. Go ask a casual IU fan their opinion on Max or Newkirk and see what kind of reaction you get. Heck, obviously I do follow closely and even I forget they're on our team sometimes. I hear Max and my first thought is "no, he's gone".

Damn, I had the same thought go through my head when I read your post.  :(