Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Depth Chart: Starters and Subs for the nth time

[quote name="Stuhoo" post="203195" timestamp="1445989493"]Are you guys sure that Collin isn't starting?

With a 3 guard starting lineup and only one playable guard on the bench, that would mean that each of our four guards would average 30 minutes a game. That seems a little high to me.

I suppose that when the bench comes in we could shift to a two guard lineup, but still...[/quote
Yogi is going to play big minutes. That being said Niego I bet gets time.

I don't see any way Hartman gets into the starting lineup. 

You know Yogi will start. 

You know TB will start.

You know Troy will start.

You know JBJ will start. 

That pretty much makes it Hartman vs RoJo. But I think Crean likes having the 3 guards, Yogi, JBJ, and RoJo play together. 

I think it'll be similar to last year and we will see Hartman be first man in for RoJo then NZ3 in for JBJ. But thats just my opinion

Are you guys sure that Collin isn't starting?

With a 3 guard starting lineup and only one playable guard on the bench, that would mean that each of our four guards would average 30 minutes a game. That seems a little high to me.

I suppose that when the bench comes in we could shift to a two guard lineup, but still...

There was a hs coaches clinic in btown this past weekend and they got to attend practice Saturday before HH. One of my friends that was in attendance said they started yogi, jbj, Troy, max and tb in a scrimmage that Collin did not participate in. I think max will almost have to come off the bench to back up tb, so I would not be surprised to see Collin at the 4.

There was a hs coaches clinic in btown this past weekend and they got to attend practice Saturday before HH. One of my friends that was in attendance said they started yogi, jbj, Troy, max and tb in a scrimmage that Collin did not participate in. I think max will almost have to come off the bench to back up tb, so I would not be surprised to see Collin at the 4.

Bingo.

CTC does not want Liliputian defense for another year.

So Anunoby with 15 pts at the scrimmage? Man I was impressed with him following HH and it looks like he followed it up with another solid performance. I think this kid is gonna be one heck of a player. 

He honestly may be the most intriguing player on this team to me. I think he could be a perfect stretch 4 for Crean's system. He is more naturally a 3, but has the strength to guard most 4's in college ball today and the athleticism to cause mismatches on the offensive end. 

It's a 2-minute highlight video so take this with a grain of salt, but watched the video a second time focusing on defense and saw A LOT of the same bad habits on the defensive end. A lot of guys (Yogi and JBJ in particular) straight up and down on the perimeter and turning their heads completely to their man when off the ball. Pressure on the ball was fairly weak too.

Not encouraging. Just throwing Bryant out there isn't going to solve the defensive ills of this team. It's going to take focus, attention to fundamentals and making defense a priority.

It's a 2-minute highlight video so take this with a grain of salt, but watched the video a second time focusing on defense and saw A LOT of the same bad habits on the defensive end. A lot of guys (Yogi and JBJ in particular) straight up and down on the perimeter and turning their heads completely to their man when off the ball. Pressure on the ball was fairly weak too.

Not encouraging. Just throwing Bryant out there isn't going to solve the defensive ills of this team. It's going to take focus, attention to fundamentals and making defense a priority.

Well to counter that, considering its a highlight video its going to show the good offensive plays by the team.... I don't think anyone has really ever came away impressed with any defense while watching a highlight tape of offensive plays. 

FWIW, the defense looked up and down IMO. Earlier in the game there were quite a few instances of active hands and picked passes. But like it was pointed out, there were also a lot of sloppy moments on defense/carelessness with the ball. I am going to reserve judgement until the team is more fine tuned. Hoping they're sharp by Maui

FWIW, the defense looked up and down IMO. Earlier in the game there were quite a few instances of active hands and picked passes. But like it was pointed out, there were also a lot of sloppy moments on defense/carelessness with the ball. I am going to reserve judgement until the team is more fine tuned. Hoping they're sharp by Maui

Hey up and down is better than consistently down like last season  :laugh:

I understand that response, but I wasn't just watching the guy defending the person scoring. I was watching guys all over the court and didn't see a lot of defensive stances and saw a lot of heads either turned away from their man or completely away from the ball.

Well to counter that, considering its a highlight video its going to show the good offensive plays by the team.... I don't think anyone has really ever came away impressed with any defense while watching a highlight tape of offensive plays.