Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

IUFB HC Candidates

I'd be on board with this. Defensive background and his defenses have actually been good.

He's only 41 and already has 3 national championships as a DB coach/DC. I think he'd be a good young fit and stick around for a very long time (as long as we pay him a competitive salary).

Can someone get Trent Green into coaching so he can be our Jim Harbaugh, or even Pat Fitzgerald? All joking aside, looking at this from the top down. Tom Herman HC of Houston and Justin Fuente HC of Memphis are the two top coaching prospects. No way they take a bottom tier P5 job, so cross them off. Same probably goes for ULL HC Mark Hudspeth who has rejected low tier P5 jobs in the past.

Of course we are familiar with Rod Carey. Toledo HC Matt Campbell is the second youngest FBS head coach (36-years old), is 32-13 since 2012 and is 2-1 in bowl games. Of course Toledo is a top 20 team this season. Campbell was a defensive lineman and has an offensive line coaching background.

The main question is: do we go the route of a top coordinator like we did with CKW? Or a top MAC/C-USA head coach?

As far as CKW: it is put up or shut up time for him. The Maryland and Purdue games are very winnable, especially if Howard is back healthy. Does a six win season and a bowl loss get an extension? How about a seven win season with a bowl win? Does a five win season get Wilson fired?

He's only 41 and already has 3 national championships as a DB coach/DC. I think he'd be a good young fit and stick around for a very long time (as long as we pay him a competitive salary).

Yeah, I'd be thrilled with that kind of hire.  Would he actually come here?  I have doubts, HC is better than DC but he'd be going from a program like Georgia to a program/dumpster fire like IU.

After looking into it, Pruitt got a contract extension this year that increased his salary to 1.3 million.  He's a DC getting paid more than Kevin Wilson.  I don't think IU would open the checkbook enough to get a coach like him.

IU football is simply not a priority in IU athletics and probably never will be.  Surely this season is unacceptable even to Glass and I think a change is likely, but in the grand scheme of things, we are never "going to open the checkbook" for our football program.  To be slightly above mediocre (and annually beat PUke) is all we can ever expect.  

I am willing to give Jim Tressel a chance. Or Mark Richt if GA cans him. $ walks and BS talks - if we can pay we can play and get one of these guys.

Bring in Tressel as the AD and Bo Pelini as the HC.

IF we were going to throw money at someone, it should be Pelini. Still young, proven winner, has a chip on his shoulder, disciplined but players still love him, and he'd recruit the hell out of Ohio to build some highly ranked recruiting classes like Stoops has been able to do in Ohio with UK.

Bring in Tressel as the AD and Bo Pelini as the HC.

IF we were going to throw money at someone, it should be Pelini. Still young, proven winner, has a chip on his shoulder, disciplined but players still love him, and he'd recruit the hell out of Ohio to build some highly ranked recruiting classes like Stoops has been able to do in Ohio with UK.

Tressel a Bob Knight friend as AD at IU? Never.

If I'm Fred, I'm opening up the checkbook for Jeremy Pruitt. The dude is a winner.

That's a pipe dream. Pruitt is making 1.3 million to Wilson's 1.2, as a DC. We would have to make him one of the highest paid coaches in the B1G to have a chance at pulling him. Not gonna happen.