Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

WORLD SERIES

Cubs go for their first ever series clinch at Wrigley today.  How beautiful would it be if it could happen against the Cards...  As much trash talked by some Cards fans throughout, that would be poetic justice.  How will it feel to be the only opposing team ever to lose a Series ever at Wrigley?  Only ever opportunity Cubs had was in 2003 I believe against the Marlins.  Yes, the Bartman game and game 7.  For those of you who missed it, Bartman was at last nights game in his normal gear sitting with Ricketts. 

Cubs go for their first ever series clinch at Wrigley today. How beautiful would it be if it could happen against the Cards... As much trash talked by some Cards fans throughout, that would be poetic justice. How will it feel to be the only opposing team ever to lose a Series ever at Wrigley? Only ever opportunity Cubs had was in 2003 I believe against the Marlins. Yes, the Bartman game and game 7. For those of you who missed it, Bartman was at last nights game in his normal gear sitting with Ricketts.

Wouldn't feel a thing. Too busy feeling good from winning meaningful games, like the World Series.

Hoping to see this go to Game 5. It's been a fun series.

Wouldn't feel a thing. Too busy feeling good from winning meaningful games, like the World Series.

Too bad u don't have the same conviction when it comes to our basketball team.

I think this is why it makes sense to be a Cards fan and also an IU fan.  I have always wondered how someone could be both.  Either you would live in one area or the other.  If in this area, I could see Tigers, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Reds...  Like Jaybob, he lives in St. Louis.  Makes sense.  I think the casual fan of both teams is probably comfortable because they must live on past accomplishments to feel better about themselves.  You individually confuse me however.  For basketball, you are very much in the moment and in the future for Crean.  In baseball, you are very much discussing the past as way to prop your team up.  I don't get that?  Obviously you guys aren't going to a WS this year, so you resort to a WS dig like that should hurt.  I am not older than 107, so I cannot concern myself with things that haven't happened in my lifetime.  I understand the Cardinals have won a title pretty recently, so kudos to them.  All I know is I am very excited about the future of the Cubs when the biggest putdowns against us rely on the past.  If we sucked, or you or any Cards fan wasn't truly worried about our future, you guys would have better putdowns. 

I think this is why it makes sense to be a Cards fan and also an IU fan. I have always wondered how someone could be both. Either you would live in one area or the other. If in this area, I could see Tigers, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Reds... Like Jaybob, he lives in St. Louis. Makes sense. I think the casual fan of both teams is probably comfortable because they must live on past accomplishments to feel better about themselves. You individually confuse me however. For basketball, you are very much in the moment and in the future for Crean. In baseball, you are very much discussing the past as way to prop your team up. I don't get that? Obviously you guys aren't going to a WS this year, so you resort to a WS dig like that should hurt. I am not older than 107, so I cannot concern myself with things that haven't happened in my lifetime. I understand the Cardinals have won a title pretty recently, so kudos to them. All I know is I am very excited about the future of the Cubs when the biggest putdowns against us rely on the past. If we sucked, or you or any Cards fan wasn't truly worried about our future, you guys would have better putdowns.

Man do I hate this viewpoint. Why are we fans of certain teams? Is it how successful they are for this year, because if so we all better be Duke and UK fans. I feel you become a fan of teams for their history and the traditions, and it makes sense to be proud of that and how've they done in past. Now is it right to flaunt it to people no! But a team that hasn't won in 107 years has no right to say anything to anyone just for winning a NLDS, especially a team that has won multiple times in the last 5.

Man do I hate this viewpoint. Why are we fans of certain teams? Is it how successful they are for this year, because if so we all better be Duke and UK fans. I feel you become a fan of teams for their history and the traditions, and it makes sense to be proud of that and how've they done in past. Now is it right to flaunt it to people no! But a team that hasn't won in 107 years has no right to say anything to anyone just for winning a NLDS, especially a team that has won multiple times in the last 5.

Born and raised in this area. Just like how I hate IU basketball and Notre dame football fans. I didn't know as many Cards fans in this area before the last few years. You hate my viewpoint as much as I hate bandwagon fans.

Cubs go for their first ever series clinch at Wrigley today.  How beautiful would it be if it could happen against the Cards...  As much trash talked by some Cards fans throughout, that would be poetic justice.  How will it feel to be the only opposing team ever to lose a Series ever at Wrigley?  Only ever opportunity Cubs had was in 2003 I believe against the Marlins.  Yes, the Bartman game and game 7.  For those of you who missed it, Bartman was at last nights game in his normal gear sitting with Ricketts. 

Cubs need to get it done tonite. St. Louis in a game 5 will be tough.

Born and raised in this area. Just like how I hate IU basketball and Notre dame football fans. I didn't know as many Cards fans in this area before the last few years. You hate my viewpoint as much as I hate bandwagon fans.

Then you need to start hating 80% of your new cubs fan base.

I think this is why it makes sense to be a Cards fan and also an IU fan. I have always wondered how someone could be both. Either you would live in one area or the other. If in this area, I could see Tigers, Cubs, White Sox, Indians, Reds... Like Jaybob, he lives in St. Louis. Makes sense. I think the casual fan of both teams is probably comfortable because they must live on past accomplishments to feel better about themselves. You individually confuse me however. For basketball, you are very much in the moment and in the future for Crean. In baseball, you are very much discussing the past as way to prop your team up. I don't get that? Obviously you guys aren't going to a WS this year, so you resort to a WS dig like that should hurt. I am not older than 107, so I cannot concern myself with things that haven't happened in my lifetime. I understand the Cardinals have won a title pretty recently, so kudos to them. All I know is I am very excited about the future of the Cubs when the biggest putdowns against us rely on the past. If we sucked, or you or any Cards fan wasn't truly worried about our future, you guys would have better putdowns.

Not really sure what you're trying to get at, but I was raised in STL for 10 years. Became a Cards fan in elementary school when I moved there in 2001. Got to watch that disappoint WS against Boston in 2004, go to the WS in 2006, and watch another WS win in 2011. With the Cardinals, I've watched a ton of great baseball. I don't need to go back decades to recall a successful team. I've got the past 15 years of being a fan (most of my life) to fall back on. I'm not at all worried about the Cardinals' future. The front office has proven time and time again they can create relevant teams no matter what personnel we lose. I've also become less of a baseball fan over the years, so my fandom is based more heavily in my past experiences.

Regarding Indiana, I unfortunately was not raised a Hoosier, so I did not become a fan until I decided I wanted to go there in 2009. I became a fan right before we started the rebuild, so I only know failure a disappointment as a Hoosier fan. This means all I can do is look forward to the future. Indiana basketball also became the team I focused on the most starting in 2009.

Not really sure what you're trying to get at, but I was raised in STL for 10 years. Became a Cards fan in elementary school when I moved there in 2001. Got to watch that disappoint WS against Boston in 2004, go to the WS in 2006, and watch another WS win in 2011. With the Cardinals, I've watched a ton of great baseball. I don't need to go back decades to recall a successful team. I've got the past 15 years of being a fan (most of my life) to fall back on. I'm not at all worried about the Cardinals' future. The front office has proven time and time again they can create relevant teams no matter what personnel we lose. I've also become less of a baseball fan over the years, so my fandom is based more heavily in my past experiences.

Regarding Indiana, I unfortunately was not raised a Hoosier, so I did not become a fan until I decided I wanted to go there in 2009. I became a fan right before we started the rebuild, so I only know failure a disappointment as a Hoosier fan. This means all I can do is look forward to the future. Indiana basketball also became the team I focused on the most starting in 2009.

Absolutely no offense intended but this explains a lot regarding your basketball views.

Absolutely no offense intended but this explains a lot regarding your basketball views.

Yup, new age. I can only read about the past and learn about it from talking to people who actually got to grow up with it. I understand the craziness of the fanbase because I'm crazy about the Hoosiers, but the expectations of those who saw the 70's and 80's are crazy to me. Just can't relate to it because I didn't experience the events that set the bar so high.

Then you need to start hating 80% of your new cubs fan base.

I bet 25-50% of the fans are bandwagon fans right now.  Yes I am not a fan of them either.  If anything I am consistent. 

I know you don't know what I am getting at, but this makes sense.  I don't mean that as a negative, but that explains you more.