Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

WORLD SERIES

In 36 IP against the Pirates, Arrieta is 2-1 (he gave up 1 run in 7 IP in the Loss). He has given up a total of 3 ER against the Pirates this year. I feel plenty comfortable and confident with him on the mound at PNC where 3 of his starts against them were.

At the same time though, he's due for a bad outing! or at least I hope so...

Arrieta has been a monster since the All Star game, he has allowed what? like 4 runs in the last two months or so? It will be a great wild card game for sure!

I completely agree. IMO it's the best pitching matchup MLB could hope for in a Wild Card game.

At the same time though, he's due for a bad outing! or at least I hope so...

Been waiting for it. It's been nuts watching him go. He just has maintained his stuff since May. His losses are games he is giving up a run. That's what worries me going against Cole. I just think it will be 1-0 in a coin flip.

Arrieta has been a monster since the All Star game, he has allowed what? like 4 runs in the last two months or so? It will be a great wild card game for sure!

I saw a stat the other day where Arrieta's hit more HR's (2) since the All-Star break than he's allowed on the mound (1).

I saw a stat the other day where Arrieta's hit more HR's (2) since the All-Star break than he's allowed on the mound (1).

Its weird cause he sometimes runs his slider high. They flashed that stat during Pirates game Sunday night cause he hit one. I seen him pitch in person and they flashed a stat at Wrigley that he had the 2nd best 10 game stretch of all time behind Walter Johnson. Like I said previously I am confident with him on the mound in a one game. He has been very consistent the last two years. The Pirates bats don't scare me as much as their arms. We have a lot of young power on our team but strike out a lot. The one thing I do like is Joe Madden. He is like a mad scientist who doesn't go wrong often. As a Cubs fan I feel great for our future even if we don't get far this year.

Its weird cause he sometimes runs his slider high. They flashed that stat during Pirates game Sunday night cause he hit one. I seen him pitch in person and they flashed a stat at Wrigley that he had the 2nd best 10 game stretch of all time behind Walter Johnson. Like I said previously I am confident with him on the mound in a one game. He has been very consistent the last two years. The Pirates bats don't scare me as much as their arms. We have a lot of young power on our team but strike out a lot. The one thing I do like is Joe Madden. He is like a mad scientist who doesn't go wrong often. As a Cubs fan I feel great for our future even if we don't get far this year.

Your point about Maddon is spot on. And also the reason I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lester trots out next Wednesday. Just to screw with everyone lol.

Your point about Maddon is spot on. And also the reason I wouldn't be at all surprised if Lester trots out next Wednesday. Just to screw with everyone lol.

Right! He would pull out a bullpen day or something like has done the last month.

Hopefully this stat continues into Wednesday.

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN

Very small sample, but interesting: Astros' hitters 11-for-34 vs. Masahiro Tanaka, 4 doubles, 3 homers

I agree and raise you another stat. Since August 1, Jake Arrieta is 10-0 in 11 starts with a .40 ERA... One of ours has to continue. Right?