Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Ken Bikoff interview w/Fred Glass

I don't know if anyone had a chance to listen to Ken Bickoff's interview w/Fred Glass but I would recommend it.  I know there has been a lot of heated debates on Glass and Crean (and Wilson for that matter).  There's some good stuff here and worth the 30 minute listen.

https://indiana.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1805557

How? I can't find it available as a podcast. Or at least don't know what to look for.

Go to the iTunes application on your computer and search in the podcast tab for "peegs podcast" and it should be available for download. Or if you have an iPhone go to your podcast tab and get it that way. If you have an android or other phone NOT an iPhone, you may have to download it through another app

I don't know. Clicking the link is a good start!! ;)

I thought it was a link directly to the interview and it was going to autoplay! I mean, how many times does that have to happen before I get wary of clicking links?

Go to the iTunes application on your computer and search in the podcast tab for "peegs podcast" and it should be available for download. Or if you have an iPhone go to your podcast tab and get it that way. If you have an android or other phone NOT an iPhone, you may have to download it through another app

Nailed it. Thanks. They should put something in their description on itunes so that it would have shown up when I previously searched "Indiana" and "Hoosiers", added everything, and then deleted what I didn't like. I never would have found them but for this.

At least this confirms that Glass wants IUBB to be "elite".

Only problem is he seems to think Crean can do it. How long does a guy get?

And 2016 recruiting still has a long way to go to get us to be contending for Big Ten Crown and national title contention for next season.

1)  Calling complete BS on "we're very careful who we bring into the programs."   Had to laugh at that given the off-court basketball stuff.  Seriously??    A huge percentage of the kids we've brought in to the basketball team clearly don't care one bit about "Indiana."  Careful means....what?  I honestly laughed at that answer.

2)  Interesting (and pretty cool) to learn the academic success of the football team.  Kevin Wilson doesn't seem like the kind of guy who takes academics that seriously, but good for him.

3)  Also thought it was interesting that he was asked about "good things" going on, and he had to go to money spent on nutrition.   I would think he could think of things beyond a diatribe on behind the scenes stuff, but maybe that's what people want to hear about.  There are a lot of good things happening...and he's done a ton of things well. (Glass)

4)  I would have liked to hear him hold Crean a little more accountable, but it sounds like he's willing to sink or swim with TC, even as he said we need to get basketball "where it needs to be."  I also would have liked to know where he thinks that is.  Maybe he did, but I only made it 11 minutes into the interview before I lost the feed.   I hope he really means "nationally elite," and if he thinks Crean's the guy for that, I'd like to know on what evidence he bases that opinion.

And 2016 recruiting still has a long way to go to get us to be contending for Big Ten Crown and national title contention for next season.

I'll believe it when he backs it up with actions, until then it's just words.  Everyone knows my stance on how he can start, so I won't rehash that here.

I'm part of the few fans who believe that Glass has a plan in place to replace Crean with a homerun hire. I think he's far smarter and connected than we give him credit for. An impulse hire when a contract buyout is insanely high, wouldn't have necessarily been a good thing for the program or his future afterwards. I would bet a few bucks that Glass knocks the next hire out of the park. Now that I've had time to cool off, from last season, I feel like I've been able to see this whole ordeal from a different perspective. I truly believe he kept Crean on board Bc it would have been a mistake at the time. He knows something that we don't. So many rumors were spread last offseason about potential coaching changes. One that seemed to be on the tongues of many was that there were feelers sent out to possible replacements. It seems likely.