Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Noah Vonleh - Shanghai Sharks

I WATCHED!!!

Closer time zones! Yay!

I think they played well and Vonleh is still getting better on defense. It's just a matter of being such a young team and an adjustment over the past few years. This is a definite rebuilding year, but I expect to be a playoff team next year. Hawks really prepped well for the game too and took away big chunks of the offense.

It's tough for me to appreciate the rebuild as much as I should because I grew up with the Warriors as my team and now they're blowing up. So, in the rare instances I watch a full NBA game, it's much more likely to be one of theirs than Blazers unless I'm there live. It's just more fun to watch a great team than a struggling team. But, as an Outback driving resident of Portland I have to embrace the Blazers and stop mentioning the Warriors or else I'm branded a Californian (the worst of all things to be).

Closer time zones! Yay!

I think they played well and Vonleh is still getting better on defense. It's just a matter of being such a young team and an adjustment over the past few years. This is a definite rebuilding year, but I expect to be a playoff team next year. Hawks really prepped well for the game too and took away big chunks of the offense.

It's tough for me to appreciate the rebuild as much as I should because I grew up with the Warriors as my team and now they're blowing up. So, in the rare instances I watch a full NBA game, it's much more likely to be one of theirs than Blazers unless I'm there live. It's just more fun to watch a great team than a struggling team. But, as an Outback driving resident of Portland I have to embrace the Blazers and stop mentioning the Warriors or else I'm branded a Californian (the worst of all things to be).

Well first, our time zones aren't closer. I'm in Bloomington. I just stayed up late to watch the Australian Open, so I figured I'd watch some of this in the meantime.

I didn't see much of Noah last night because I was watching off and on, but I thought he played alright during the stints I watched. He tried to go up strong over Horford one time and it just did not work at all. He played decent defense and seemed to be in the right spots for the rebounds consistently. As far as the Blazers go, I love their backcourt for the long term. They've got two really bright young scoring stars there and if they can develop some younger guys (Plumlee, Noah, Leonard, etc...) and maybe sign mid level free agent or two, they can make a splash here in the next couple of years.

Well first, our time zones aren't closer. I'm in Bloomington. I just stayed up late to watch the Australian Open, so I figured I'd watch some of this in the meantime.

I didn't see much of Noah last night because I was watching off and on, but I thought he played alright during the stints I watched. He tried to go up strong over Horford one time and it just did not work at all. He played decent defense and seemed to be in the right spots for the rebounds consistently. As far as the Blazers go, I love their backcourt for the long term. They've got two really bright young scoring stars there and if they can develop some younger guys (Plumlee, Noah, Leonard, etc...) and maybe sign mid level free agent or two, they can make a splash here in the next couple of years.

I'm dumb. I have a bad habit of not paying close enough attention and definitely was thinking you were dalton in Texas for no other reason than your names both start with the same letter. I just barely caught myself doing the exact same thing with Natty and Naples like 2 minutes ago in that we don't need no burger boys thread.

You wouldn't have seen much of him anyway, he only got 15 minutes, most of those minutes will come at the start of the game or the half. He's leaps and bounds ahead of where he was at the beginning of the season. It would be cool to cut some of his games together and just look at the differences. Talking to him now, he's fairly clear that there was not much defense being taught at Indiana. 

In general, I agree with you about the Blazers, they just lost so much in the last offseason they couldn't rebound in time for this season. But they have a great young team and I'm happy with CJ staying and our outlook in the next couple of years. You just can't lose 4 starters in the NBA and replace them with young guys without a drop, but if we firm up the front court it's a different ballgame. I'd rather we lose Leonard though. And not even trade him or anything, just "accidentally" leave him in a parking garage. I don't even know why entirely, everything about his play just gets me.

I do hope they can make some noise in the future, the amount of town pride for them is ridiculously high. During the playoffs last year you could just go out into the street and hear hundreds of people cheering at the same time for big plays from their own houses. It was surreal. Largely because it's them and the Timbers for sports franchises. If the NFL expands in the near future, I really hope Portland is under consideration, we would rock the socks off everyone else if we brought half of our Timbers pride into a football team.

‏@trailblazers: Noah Vonleh underwent a successful procedure on his right thigh today.

Press Release » http://rip.city/2bHJI9g

PORTLAND, Ore. (August 31, 2016) – Portland Trail Blazers forward Noah Vonleh underwent a successful procedure to remove a bone fragment from his right thigh musculature today. 

Dr. Evan Ellis performed the procedure at Rebound in Vancouver, Wash., and the expected recovery time is 3-4 weeks.

‏@trailblazers: Noah Vonleh underwent a successful procedure on his right thigh today.

Press Release » http://rip.city/2bHJI9g

PORTLAND, Ore. (August 31, 2016) – Portland Trail Blazers forward Noah Vonleh underwent a successful procedure to remove a bone fragment from his right thigh musculature today. 

Dr. Evan Ellis performed the procedure at Rebound in Vancouver, Wash., and the expected recovery time is 3-4 weeks.

A bone fragment from his musculature? I only pretend to be a doctor...why would he have a bone fragment in his musculature?

Sent from my SM-G920P using BtownBanners mobile app