Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016) PG Curtis Jones to IU

Agree. That's where I was hoping we'd plug in Kegler, Alkins would fit there too, but we need a bigger athletic wing to go next to Bryant and Davis.

Having plenty of guards in RoJo, CuJo, Newkirk, BB, and GG makes me feel better about playing a 3 guard lineup but I still think we need an athletic wing unless OG steps up. Getting a wing or Alkins would make me feel a lot better though.

Alright everyone. I am starting to feel better about our team next year. I think there are 2 bigs keys. We need TB to stay. If Blackmon bolts I want BB or Rawle. Everything else is gravy. It would be nice to find a "Troy" replacement too and that is why i wanted Kegler so bad. But if blackmon stays or we get BB/Rawle we can play a 3 guard lineup and be solid.

Rawle really can play both the SG and SF positions. He is relentless defensively and has an NBA ready body that can match up with College 3's. He'd easily fit in that position. Just remember though: this is the reasoning some are using as to why he may decide against going to UK. Personally, I don't think a 3 guard set is going to keep him from attending any school. I believe he will make his choice based on fit and where he can have the biggest impact. He's actually mentioned that he doesn't care about how well schools have played in the past (tradition), Bc he knows he will win wherever he goes. That screams SJU to me, but I think this bodes well for IU also. He would make us a legitimate title contender. Winning a title at Indiana would hold so much weight in terms of his "legend." Believe it or not, hanging a 6th banner weighs so much more than a 9th at UK. Especially considering how hungry/desperate this fan base/state is currently paired with all that we've been through the last 20 years. He could never play another basketball game again in their entire lives, and still be treated like gods well into their old age. Dan Dakich has a pretty good life, and his legend was built on playing well in a single big game that eventually led to a title.

Rawle really can play both the SG and SF positions. He is relentless defensively and has an NBA ready body that can match up with College 3's. He'd easily fit in that position. Just remember though: this is the reasoning some are using as to why he may decide against going to UK. Personally, I don't think a 3 guard set is going to keep him from attending any school. I believe he will make his choice based on fit and where he can have the biggest impact. He's actually mentioned that he doesn't care about how well schools have played in the past (tradition), Bc he knows he will win wherever he goes. That screams SJU to me, but I think this bodes well for IU also. He would make us a legitimate title contender. Winning a title at Indiana would hold so much weight in terms of his "legend." Believe it or not, hanging a 6th banner weighs so much more than a 9th at UK. Especially considering how hungry/desperate this fan base/state is currently paired with all that we've been through the last 20 years. He could never play another basketball game again in their entire lives, and still be treated like gods well into their old age. Dan Dakich has a pretty good life, and his legend was built on playing well in a single big game that eventually led to a title.

I think you are onto something here.  Hes smart though and knows his teammates will matter.  Its going to important to show him he will have the cast behind him to succeed.  With Rojos improved defense we could field a defensive minded team still very capable of scoring. 

Brown

Johnson

Alkins

Davis

Bryant

Not even going to list backups because we will be so deep who knows.  Thats the story we have to sell Alkins.  We can crash and burn this year and as long as Rojo and Bryant looks good we can sell that story.  This is contingent on getting Brown of course. 

We have beat NC State with that story because they are going to be selling him the same thing. 

I definitely see OG fitting in on the wing after this year. Thats what the coaching staff is developing him for, to play the wing. He has a decent shot already and has the athleticism to do defend 3s.

I see him fitting in as a wing but not sure it will be next year. I could see him being really good on the wing as an upperclassman.

https://twitter.com/rodgerbohn/status/667886180856303618 Nice stats for cujo

So impressive. CuJo did this for a prep school powerhouse ---Huntington Prep---and not as part of a small high school somewhere.  I like our recruiting so far--Davis, CuJo, and Newkirk will contribute immediately and Gelon will work his way into a Z3/Roth type of role.  Go Hoosiers! 

Cujo finished with 21. Took a couple of poor shots, particularly 1 in OT that was just a poor decision. Overall played well. Handle is tighter than I've seen it before. Was very good defensively on the ball. Did not get beat off the dribble a single time. Lost spatial awareness twice off ball that got him beat backdoor. Fearless and explosive going to the rim, but does not pas off penetration. Can really shoot off the catch. Needs to play off the ball. Like him a lot as a really talented 4 year kid.
Btw: Josh Jackson is incredible. Everything Andrew Wiggins was supposed to be coming out of HS this kid actually is.