Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

IU vs Western Kentucky Game Thread

This is a game that will be decided by our defense. They need to bring pressure to their QB otherwise he will pick apart our young db's. Also, I think the balance of our offense will play to our advantage; run the ball and keep the time of possession in our favor.

Last thing, let's get some people in Memorial Stadium. No more excuses about heat or late game!

I'm kind of hoping for rain in B-ton tomorrow.  It will make the crowd smaller, but I also think it will force WKU to rely more on the running game.  If we can keep them on the ground; we win easily.  If the QB is able to throw, it will be a squeaker, but I still think we win.

I'm kind of hoping for rain in B-ton tomorrow. It will make the crowd smaller, but I also think it will force WKU to rely more on the running game. If we can keep them on the ground; we win easily. If the QB is able to throw, it will be a squeaker, but I still think we win.

Rain is off the forecast. 73 and partly cloudy. Could be a solid crowd actually. Parents weekend.

Rain is off the forecast. 73 and partly cloudy. Could be a solid crowd actually. Parents weekend.

I hope everyone shows up. If we win, bowling chances are looking pretty good and students wont be so quick to leave at halftime. This is a huge game for the outlook on the season.

Coming down with my son for both of ours first IU football game. Going get there hopefully around noon. Would like to get a few good ideas of where might be a good location to park to walk to get something to eat and walk to the game. What places are good to eat, son is 13 and favorite food is pizza. Thanks. #iufb

Coming down with my son for both of ours first IU football game. Going get there hopefully around noon. Would like to get a few good ideas of where might be a good location to park to walk to get something to eat and walk to the game. What places are good to eat, son is 13 and favorite food is pizza. Thanks. #iufb

I've never been there, and don't know whether its within walking distance, but I'm betting for pizza, you'll get some recommendations for Mama Bear's. They have a lot of fans on here.

Getting there that early, I'd say just go to Mother Bear's on 3rd street, then drive closer to the stadium. (Best pizza in town, but can be tough to park at) For parking, any of the gameday lots will be $20, but campus lots are open on weekends, just depends how far you want to walk.

Realistically, you could find a spot on campus, backtrack to Mo Bears (southern edge of campus), then walk to the stadium (northern edge of campus). Crappy walk, but I do it for class every once in a while. Plus, that allows you to walk through the best campus on the planet.

Getting there that early, I'd say just go to Mother Bear's on 3rd street, then drive closer to the stadium. (Best pizza in town, but can be tough to park at) For parking, any of the gameday lots will be $20, but campus lots are open on weekends, just depends how far you want to walk.

Realistically, you could find a spot on campus, backtrack to Mo Bears (southern edge of campus), then walk to the stadium (northern edge of campus). Crappy walk, but I do it for class every once in a while. Plus, that allows you to walk through the best campus on the planet.

i think this is a good idea. Probably a 35-45 minute walk from MB's to Stadium though. But can see campus South to North.

i think this is a good idea. Probably a 35-45 minute walk from MB's to Stadium though. But can see campus South to North.

Nah...20 tops. I can get from 3rd and Jordan to Kelley in less than 10. Maybe closer to 35 if you're taking it all in though.

Thanks. Definitely want to him to see what a real campus is. He went to Purdue once for a space camp. Did make me proud when he said "it smells like cow crap"

Lol yeah you'll see the full campus this way. If you cut it right, you'll walk by the IMU (which I still get lost in and is freakishly huge) and cut through the arboretum and go up Fee Lane by the Kelley school. Really cool walk.

ALTERNATE ROUTE: You could walk north into campus a little bit and cut west and go see the Sample Gates, then walk up Indiana Ave. which takes you straight to the stadium. Either way, campus rules.