Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

TheWatShot

Can someone please explain this?

Strange. If AD lines up pre-conference schedules that have quality FBS opponents, there is too much bitching that we are making it too hard to get to a bowl game. Line up opponents that IU should be able to handle year in and year out, and the risk outweighs the benefits. There is no winner in this argument.

Strange. If AD lines up pre-conference schedules that have quality FBS opponents, there is too much bitching that we are making it too hard to get to a bowl game. Line up opponents that IU should be able to handle year in and year out, and the risk outweighs the benefits. There is no winner in this argument.

Frankly, I like playing quality opponents in the pre-conference slate.  Gives us a better idea of where we're actually at and gets the team used to having a slimmer margin for error.

Frankly, I like playing quality opponents in the pre-conference slate.  Gives us a better idea of where we're actually at and gets the team used to having a slimmer margin for error.

I agree. It does the program no good to play a cupcake non con then go get creamed in the B1G every year. Whats the point? And, no I'm not saying play 4 top 25 non con. games.