Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

seanmm1971

IU Cross Country

Next meet Saturday @1045 in Louisville.

Pre-Nats was this past Saturday. The team splits the squad for the Adidas Invite (#1-6 on the team) and Pre-Nats (#7+ on the team) every year.

Team is talented but still searching for a bonafide front runner as JR Matt Schwartzer is redshirting this year. 

Next meet is in Evanston for the B1G Championships on 11/1.

GO HOOSIERS!

Pre-Nats was this past Saturday. The team splits the squad for the Adidas Invite (#1-6 on the team) and Pre-Nats (#7+ on the team) every year.

Team is talented but still searching for a bonafide front runner as JR Matt Schwartzer is redshirting this year.

Next meet is in Evanston for the B1G Championships on 11/1.

GO HOOSIERS!

That make sense, I was a little cornfused.

Pride- your info is golden. I don't understand the whole CC point system but...I'm interested. Are you a runner? If so. Check out the equinox marathon up here in AK. I try and run it every year...errr....Haven't run it in 2 because of my knee...but I'm training for it again. It's awesomely hard and cool

Pride- your info is golden. I don't understand the whole CC point system but...I'm interested. Are you a runner? If so. Check out the equinox marathon up here in AK. I try and run it every year...errr....Haven't run it in 2 because of my knee...but I'm training for it again. It's awesomely hard and cool

I used to be a decent runner (14:21 5k/29:54 10k), I'm more of a "jogger" now. Maybe I'll start training again and make it up to AK next year, already using my vacation days this year to join you in Maui :D

Cross country scoring basically goes as follows:

1st place= 1 points

2nd place= 2 points

3rd place= 3 points

You get the idea.

First 5 runners on a team "score" (usually 7 varsity runners), and low score wins.

An example of a two team meet with scoring:

Team 1:

1st=1

3rd=3

4th=4

5th=5

12th=12

13th=13 but outside of top 5 so doesn't "score" for team

14th= 14 but outside of top 5 so doesn't "score" for team

--------

Total: 25 points

Team 2:

2nd=2

6th=6

7th=7

8th=8

9th=9

10th=10 but outside of top 5 so doesn't "score" for team

11th=11 but outside of top 5 so doesn't "score" for team

-----------

Total: 32

Hopefully that makes sense. The main thing to keep in mind is even though the 6th or 7th runner on the team doesn't "score" for his/her team doesn't mean they don't matter. In the example above, the 10th and 11th place runner caused Team 1's 5th place runner to score 12 points instead of 10 (he's technically the 10th "scoring" runner).

Side Note- In some races, a school may have less than five runners racing (must have five to constitute a team). If this happens, those runners are "individuals" and their places do not count towards scoring. So if an "individual" gets second in a race, the third place runner scores two points.

Good luck in your training!

Holy cow on your 5K/10K times. I read it backwards and thought you had a 29min 5K! I was like, um...yeah, that's a good time...sorta!

lol. anyhow. check out the equinox. "The Equinox Marathon is an annual marathon held in Fairbanks, Alaska near the time of the autumnal equinox. It is one of the most difficult marathon courses in the world and includes 3285 ft. (1001 m) of elevation gain (and loss)." I