Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Non Hoosier CBB hoops info

Bracey Wright.... Dwight Howard also did this in the NBA and his percentages went up... I can't remember if Wright's percentages increased or even if this was a change or if he always shot from an extra step back?

I don't know if I've ever seen a D-I player shoot a free-throw granny-style before.  Check out hte link for the video of Chicanu Onuaku (Louisville) firing a few off Hickory-style.  

http://es.pn/1HDkE1I

Edit...I hope that link works.  It's on the right-side of ESPNs page.  ESPNs video sharing capabilities suck.  Apparently they want the clicks to their site.  Maybe it's on their twitter account. 

Somewhere Rick Barry is weeping tears of joy.

Bracey Wright.... Dwight Howard also did this in the NBA and his percentages went up... I can't remember if Wright's percentages increased or even if this was a change or if he always shot from an extra step back?

Bracey Wright shot like that from day 1. Former pro Nick Van Excel used to stand almost at the back of the arc to shoot his free throws. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9BZneIqUlQ

I've been watching the Indian Hills CC site in Iowa and former player Emmitt Holt is playing well for that top juco program.  He has scored 8 points, 13 points, 14 points, and most recently 12 points and 8 rebounds against our local Vincennes Trailblazers. They pounded Vincennes which has a good program as well. Their only loss was to another top ranked and unbeaten juco team on a last second shot. It looks like a lot of players get playing time and Holt is the 2nd leading scorer.  Their top scorer just signed with Baylor. I am glad he is playing well and am disappointed by his actions because I think he would have been tough for us the next few years.

I've been watching the Indian Hills CC site in Iowa and former player Emmitt Holt is playing well for that top juco program.  He has scored 8 points, 13 points, 14 points, and most recently 12 points and 8 rebounds against our local Vincennes Trailblazers. They pounded Vincennes which has a good program as well. Their only loss was to another top ranked and unbeaten juco team on a last second shot. It looks like a lot of players get playing time and Holt is the 2nd leading scorer.  Their top scorer just signed with Baylor. I am glad he is playing well and am disappointed by his actions because I think he would have been tough for us the next few years.

I agree rebel. I was very exited to watch Holts contributions to the team this season.He really showed a natural instinct on the court.

I don't think he's a bad kid,just made some really bad decisions.I wish him well.

USA TODAY has released their preseason bracketology... Obviously means little at this point but I found a few things interesting...
IU a 4 seed, in the same region Wichita State (picked by some for Final Four) as the #3 seed.
Also have UofL as a 4 seed, yet they aren't even ranked preseason.
Vandy a 5 seed, gonna be tough in Maui
Michigan as an 8 seed proving BIG TEN depth

@JonRothstein: BREAKING: NC State's Mark Gottfried has received a five-year contract extension through the 2019-20 season, sources told @CBSSports.

Gottfried proceeds to lose his first game with this extension, 85-68 at home against William & Mary.