Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Non Hoosier CBB hoops info

What kind of team is Dayton fielding this year? Supposed to be any good?

Searching I couldn't find a good preview from anyone who seemed to know anything. But, I did discover that they are also broadcasting in Mandarin this year, so I don't feel quite as special anymore.

favored to win the A10. Not by a landslide but that's the prediction. So a prospective NCAA tourney team it sounds. But down a little from last year.

Swanigan will be hard to handle for IU. Who gets that defensive assignment---Troy? Max? Hartman? OG?

At this point---I'd guess Max.

I'd be interested in OG trying it. He's strong and tall enough, but has the speed and athleticism to cause an offensive mismatch. Obviously he'll get backed down by Swanigan some, but so will everyone else on our team he just has to try to limit him. Morgan could probably be a candidate as well. 

Dayton vs Purdue and Xavier vs Illinois.

Those sound like good non conference games let alone scrimmages. Dayton is probably better than most of the teams Purdue schedules for their non conference at least. Im impressed

Maybe been more incidents than just this one and Cook isn't getting the message.

Yeah I don't see Crean being that tough regardless but there are variables we surely don't know. Plus he is the third string PG.

AP article:

HARTFORD, Conn. -- The NCAA is reporting that UConn's men's basketball team has a graduation rate of just 20 percent, by far the lowest among the teams in the preseason Top 25.

The numbers count the players who came into the program between 2005 and 2008 and graduated within six years.

The most recent data collected by the NCAA shows an all-time high 86 percent of athletes from the 2008-09 freshman class earned degrees within six years.

It's actually an improvement for UConn, which reported a 17 percent graduation rate last year and an 8 percent graduation rate just two seasons ago.

The national average for all sports is a graduation rate of 86 percent. In men's basketball, it's 77 percent.

Full article:  http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14052174/uconn-huskies-graduation-rate-20-percent-improving