Jump to content

Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to INDIANA

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

RP looks physically ready from this ITH photo...

McCutcheon0018.jpg

 

Totes magotes, ElectricBoogaloo.  I think videos don't do him justice.  Everyone that sees him play in person comes away convinced he's ready.  I saw him at Forum Tipoff, and compared to the other players, he does really stand out.  Much larger overall, built for this.  Kind of thicker, more durable looking.  And yes, it's weird to talk like this.  

I know it's not cool to direct traffic to a competing site, but the video ITH just posted of RP against Zionsville is pretty good.  The production quality of the game is better than most high school game, some great slow-mo replays of Phinisee driving.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Stromboli said:

 

Totes magotes, ElectricBoogaloo.  I think videos don't do him justice.  Everyone that sees him play in person comes away convinced he's ready.  I saw him at Forum Tipoff, and compared to the other players, he does really stand out.  Much larger overall, built for this.  Kind of thicker, more durable looking.  And yes, it's weird to talk like this.  

I know it's not cool to direct traffic to a competing site, but the video ITH just posted of RP against Zionsville is pretty good.  The production quality of the game is better than most high school game, some great slow-mo replays of Phinisee driving.  

 

40 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

RP looks physically ready from this ITH photo...

McCutcheon0018.jpg

Man has some guns. Can't imagine what a summer in the weight room will do for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Patient enough to read the floor in sets, keeps his eyes on the rim when he finishes, textbook vertical jumpshot, 85% from the line, proficient with both hands... Yeah, we’re getting a good one. I’d say his main area of focus as far as his game is concerned is taking a more direct line on his drives.

For those that have seen him in person, how is his floor vision? I can see him reading the defense but there are only a couple clips that show what I would consider to be above-average vision. Does he do that consistently/naturally or is it something he’ll have to learn when he picks up the offense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bigred3588 said:

Patient enough to read the floor in sets, keeps his eyes on the rim when he finishes, textbook vertical jumpshot, 85% from the line, proficient with both hands... Yeah, we’re getting a good one. I’d say his main area of focus as far as his game is concerned is taking a more direct line on his drives.

For those that have seen him in person, how is his floor vision? I can see him reading the defense but there are only a couple clips that show what I would consider to be above-average vision. Does he do that consistently/naturally or is it something he’ll have to learn when he picks up the offense?

In other words, he's opposite of  Newkirk :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the heels of USPS post immediately above, this from Doyel and the Indy Star from last night's Hoosier Reunion All-Star Classic played at Knightstown.  It's not solely about Phinisee but also includes Doyel's conversation with Romeo.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/06/01/doyel-romeo-and-phinisee-hoosiers-gym-whats-up-dean-tate/664371002/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×