Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2018) PG Robert Phinisee to Cincinnati

What are the rules on visits? How many official visits? Unofficial visits? What's the difference? Rules change after a player commits/signs?

5 official visits , unlimited unofficial visits while on campus. When recruiting a recruit only 7 contacts during an academic year. After recruit signs LOI there is no limit on contacts

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

Thank you.

Wife and I were talking about how he's attending every home game and were curious how.  $$$$

Appears university can give 3 tickets to game even on unofficial visits.

3 minutes ago, Bailey7878 said:

We're going to have a tough time if morgan leaves

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I don't see Morgan's name in any of the mock drafts I've seen luckily.. However, over the last week or two, he's been lighting it up, so that's sure to draw the attention of NBA scouts.

I haven't completely given up hope on De'ron Davis. I think if he returns healthy, Morgan stays, Phinisee can come in and run the offense, Smith makes a jump, and Archie can bring in a ready-to-play guard (Romeo), this is a team to be reckoned with in the B1G and nationally next season.

56 minutes ago, HoosierX said:

So there has to be a reason that scouts perceive him where they do.

What are Phinisee's perceived weaknesses?  I assumed it was athleticism, but when I watched some highlight videos I was impressed by how easily he could get up and dunk.

Lacks elite speed and quickness?

I think part of the problem is he didn't have an impressive AAU summer in part due to some injuries.  Also, he played on the Indiana Elite AAU team which I don't think gets the exposure that many of the 5-star and very high 4-star AAU teams get.

So there has to be a reason that scouts perceive him where they do.
What are Phinisee's perceived weaknesses?  I assumed it was athleticism, but when I watched some highlight videos I was impressed by how easily he could get up and dunk.
Lacks elite speed and quickness?

Explosiveness the ability to beat his man off the dribble was one of the things some said about his weaknesses

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

20 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Getting up there with two hands for the dunk and making it look easy.

http://www.insidethehall.com/2018/01/29/video-robert-phinisee-highlights-vs-indianapolis-tech/

One of Phinisee's best qualities from my admittedly limited viewings of him is that he is really clever finishing at the rim. Uses the rim well. Great stutter dribble. Finishes with either hand, and does so from some awkward angles that look really tough to block. When he gets strong enough to finish consistently through contact, I would think he will put  a lot of bigs on the bench with fouls and probably have more than his share of and 1's.

36 minutes ago, cthomas said:

He has said that one of the reasons he is attending so many games is to get a handle on CAM's offense. He wants to be as prepared as possible when he gets to campus. Can't get enough guys like that!

Anderson has been to a lot of games too. We will need his shooting if he’s ready year 1.

7 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I think part of the problem is he didn't have an impressive AAU summer in part due to some injuries.  Also, he played on the Indiana Elite AAU team which I don't think gets the exposure that many of the 5-star and very high 4-star AAU teams get.

Another consideration is that typically the ranking philosophy is about long-term projection; e.g. the #1 player in a class is the player with the greatest potential + likelihood of stardom on the highest level.

Thus ranking ~100th perhaps is less about Phinisee’s success or impact at IU, and more about his chances of making an NBA roster or whatever.