Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Yogi'sBicep

A look at the future

He already turned us down this last offseason. There was a group from IU that went to Boston to gauge his interest and he wasn't interested at all. He is where he wants to be. Plus in Boston there is no pressure to win

The guy coaches one of the top professional sports franchises from a historical perspective.  It's not like he is coaching the Kings, it is the Celtics.  

The guy coaches one of the top professional sports franchises from a historical perspective.  It's not like he is coaching the Kings, it is the Celtics.  

In my lifetime though (I'm 25) the Celtics have been a joke longer than a serious team. They had a run with Doc Rivers but before and after that, nothing

agreed, but with a new head coach comes a lot of change that i think may not be able to be fixed over night

It honestly boils down to what coach comes in. Simple as that. Some coaches are every bit as "instant impact" as some of these frosh lotto draft picks. If we were to hire a guy who has to prove he can perform all facets of the job at an elite level, then you're likely to experience a rebuild. Guys like Coach K, Calipari, Pitino, Ol ROY, Self, Stevens (now has NBA credentials), can make an instant impact. They usually keep the important pieces from leaving and immediately sign impact classes. These guys don't have to prove anything. Their reputations are well known.

I see iubb as a powerhouse basketball program with ctc as coach.
Now that we have hasn't creaned a player in 5 years, we actually have some seniors on our team. Ctc has also learned his lesson about recruiting idiots, and only recruits kids with 3.0 or higher gpa. We now have a consistent roster returning, instead of starting our roster over every single year.

Wow, I was worried about my posting while drunk.

In my lifetime though (I'm 25) the Celtics have been a joke longer than a serious team. They had a run with Doc Rivers but before and after that, nothing

That's some pretty familiar turf, if you ask me.

We had a run in 2001-02 and almost a run or two between 2011 and 2013. But kind of a joke longer than a serious team for quite a spell, as well.

That's some pretty familiar turf, if you ask me.

We had a run in 2001-02 and almost a run or two between 2011 and 2013. But kind of a joke longer than a serious team for quite a spell, as well.

Not as bad as the Celtics though. We at least had more .500 and winning season. There was a span of a decade when they were about the worst team in the east and in the league.

From 93 till 2000 they had losing records every year. Then for two or three years they finished around .500, then back to losing records till a three year span from 07/08 season till the 10/11 season where they were on top, then since they have been a .500 level team. So from 93/94 till now they've had 4 good seasons. We've had more seasons with better records I would assume. 

But in both cases the upper management seems fine with bad results

There is a ton of pressure to win in Boston. It's one of the toughest media markets in the country, and like at IU, one of the most knowledgeable fan bases. One thing that does eliviate the pressure is that Wyc and the owners and Danny Ainge are fully in Stevens corner and they don't bail quickly on coaches they believe in.

He already turned us down this last offseason. There was a group from IU that went to Boston to gauge his interest and he wasn't interested at all. He is where he wants to be. Plus in Boston there is no pressure to win

do you have more on this than the rumor that was published? I know he has publicly stated that he is where he wants to be but could not confirm with my contact that the IU alum that was in the celtics locker area was sent by IU or even there to talk to him about IU. And those within IU program do know that he is generally interested; timing might not be good but to say he isn't interested at all is contrary to what I have been told