Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Emmitt Holt dismissed from team

Can somebody summarize what Cody said on ITH?

That his group knew that they had to be smart about being out in town they all realized they were superstars on campus, he thinks crean is still doing the same job hes always done and that its pretty much these kids that are out of hand, said he never drank while he was in bloomington. Theres other stuff he talked about you can download the podcast on itunes or listen here (the audio is embedded)  http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/09/02/potb-087-cody-zeller/#more-48999 

That his group knew that they had to be smart about being out in town they all realized they were superstars on campus, he thinks crean is still doing the same job hes always done and that its pretty much these kids that are out of hand, said he never drank while he was in bloomington. Theres other stuff he talked about you can download the podcast on itunes or listen here (the audio is embedded)  http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/09/02/potb-087-cody-zeller/#more-48999 

I have heard numerous stories that involved Zeller drinking while in college in Bloomington FWIW.  Think he was definitely smarter than these kids about it but he drank just like the rest of those guys from 2011-13 did.

I have heard numerous stories that involved Zeller drinking while in college in Bloomington FWIW. Think he was definitely smarter than these kids about it but he drank just like the rest of those guys from 2011-13 did.

Yeah same here. But he was obviously smarter about it when he was here. Plus he wasn't going to say "yeah I partied just like everyone else!" Haha.

I have heard numerous stories that involved Zeller drinking while in college in Bloomington FWIW.  Think he was definitely smarter than these kids about it but he drank just like the rest of those guys from 2011-13 did.

ya i was just quoting what he said lol, i knew that was a lie

Emmitt thanked IU on his Instagram. Hoetzel commented "on to better things" (paraphrasing) lol

you know what really grinds my gears is that there are people calling him names and making fun of him............these are kids we are talking about people like that need smacked

someone literally commented saying "dumb%&*, unfollowed" 

Not to disparage Mr. Hoetzel (that's the kind of phrase that means I'm about to):

but...when Max H. was being recruited by IU I took a look at his Twitter page, and the front page background photo was a big fat weed leaf.

I wouldn't be surprised if "too much babysitting needed" was part of the reason that all parties agreed Max was not a good fit at IU.

I guess coach missed that huge red flag in that week long thorough recruitment

Well-written piece by Mike DeCourcy for Sporting News:  http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2015-08-31/indiana-hoosiers-frontcourt-substance-issues-citations-dismissals-ncaa-college-basketball

The following excerpt pretty much sums it up:  

"It’s one thing for Indiana to have populated its frontcourt — with the luminous exception of forward Troy Williams — with below-Big-Ten-average talents. The Hoosiers’ rotation last season included only one player taller than 6-7. That player, Mosquera-Perea, scored more than a dozen points only once all season.

It is quite another that so many of those less-than-coveted players given a shot to play for a program with Indiana’s tradition — with the notable exception of forward Collin Hartman, who has overachieved and is a valued member of the team — would manage to gack that shot over the backboard.

IU has failed on three levels here: to either evaluate or attract a plurality of frontcourt players capable of performing at the Big Ten level; to either evaluate or attract a plurality of frontcourt players with the character and commitment to pursue excellence for themselves and the Hoosiers, and to convince three such players the opportunity they’ve been presented is worth preserving."

What a dumb read.

I would think so.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It's not Like Bryant was sitting on the sidelines while his trouble-making teammates were doing stuff.

If he's involved, it'll have happened at IU, Syracuse or BYU.

It's not Like Bryant was sitting on the sidelines while his trouble-making teammates were doing stuff.
If he's involved, it'll have happened at IU, Syracuse or BYU.

maybe. That's a question many have raised. It has been accepted as part of the culture of the Indiana team. If one goes to BYU and all the players don't do those things, it's more likely you won't either.

maybe. That's a question many have raised. It has been accepted as part of the culture of the Indiana team. If one goes to BYU and all the players don't do those things, it's more likely you won't either.

Yeah I think BYU probably isn't a good example. Let's talk about schools closer to the norm.