Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Emmitt Holt dismissed from team

Holt didn't deserve this! Crean tossed him under the bus. This is nonsense. Fire the dumb ass coach!!!

It may seem a bit harsh but I'm pretty sure one of the terms of my scholarship from IU (which wasn't even close to a full ride) was that it could be revoked if there was ever any trouble with the law. And I was a "normal" student, not even someone in the national spotlight.

Okay...

I deal with drama at work every day and I HATE it!

I deal with drama from my teenagers and I HATE it!

Now I am dealing with drama from IU Basketball and I FREAKING HATE it!

The only peace I have is my 40 minute commute to work listening to Ozzy's Boneyard on XM Radio.

At least classic metal has no drama, just attitude.

I am old school, I was raised old school, and I will raise my kids old school.

The entitlement of kids today kills me. I don't understand the power and control that kids seem to think they have.

My opinion on this matter doesn't matter regarding Holt. What is done is done.

I like winning just as much as the other guy and will always love IU basketball but not at the expense of entitlement.

I am now off of my soapbox and will try to grind out the next two months.

Go Hoosiers!!!!

Our team leader had a friend at his apartment, and it obviously wasn't around the team. Since they were out getting citations.

Since Hanner was apparently WITH Holt and Bryant while they were cited, we're talking about two separate possible incidents (Hanner at Yogi's apartment and Hanner with Holt/Bryant/unnamed freshman).

This had to be done, IMO. CTC is finally trying to gain some control. Probably much too late. It sends a message to all of the players. But, especially Yogi, Troy, and Thomas. The 3 named because if prior incidents should know that they are on thin ice today.

. If you can't see he was thrown under the bus I don't know what to say. I'm totally in the court of firing this dumb ass right now. Let Chuck coach this year. I'm tired of it and along with Crean Fire McRobbies ass too!

Compared to how past issues were dealt with, this is sudden. And I'm as done with Crean as anyone, he should've been fired a year ago in my opinion. But losing scholarship money for violating it's terms is not that crazy to me.

Since Hanner was apparently WITH Holt and Bryant while they were cited, we're talking about two separate possible incidents (Hanner at Yogi's apartment and Hanner with Holt/Bryant/unnamed freshman).

Is it confirmed that Hanner was there? If so I still don't see it as Yogi's fault. My point was to question Yogi's leadership because he had a guy that he was close to for a long time at his apartment during welcome week is a little extreme and nitt picky.

. If you can't see he was thrown under the bus I don't know what to say. I'm totally in the court of firing this dumb ass right now. Let Chuck coach this year. I'm tired of it and along with Crean Fire McRobbies ass too!

I don't mean to say that I like the decision or that I'm not mad that we're even in a place where decisions like this need to be made. I'm just saying that I understand the decision they made.

Though I don't post usually, I thought I would chime in on this one. 

Basically, kids are different today.  I don't have an opinion on TC one way or the other.  (Other than I am still having trouble figuring out his substitution pattern...) One thing I do know, is that he is not these kids father.  It appears right now, the rule is...first one you get a pass with some internal punishment.  Twice, and your gone.  HMP got slapped the first time, and was gone the second.  DDavis got a pass the first time, and is now gone.  Holt, got a pass the first time, now he is gone with number two.  The new kid is on notice (so is Yogi)...And I guess you could add Robinson to the list...Actually, I can live with that...

So in my weird way, here is how we can correct it...When the kid arrives on campus, we shoot a small biodegradable chip into his butt. The chip will dissolve in 4 years or removed by the university if player leaves before 4 years. This chip will contain among other things, a GPS locater/sender, a alcohol sensor, a drug sensor, a ...If kid A does one of things from the no-no list, it sends a message to the coach, who promptly jumps in his car, and drags the kid away from whatever the no-no is...(Right now, TC would be spending quite a bit of time in the car)...Pretty extreme...However, if you want to make these kids saints, it's about the only way you can do it (short of locking them in the coaches basement)...The other side of it, no kid in his right mind would accept those terms...Parents on the other hand....just might...In truth, I would be with the kid...you couldn't get me to stand still long enough to inject it...Please note, this is all said with a wink, and a laugh, but you know, it would work...

Holt didn't deserve this! Crean tossed him under the bus. This is nonsense. Fire the dumb ass coach!!!

Somebody needed to be thrown under the bus. It was time. The stupidity had gone on long enough. Sucks to be Holt, but it's not like he was completely innocent. The wake up call has been placed.

I disagree!

You're entitled to disagree.

My question to you is simply: how would you solve this situation? What would you do to stop the stupidity? i suppose we could just pat them on the back with a heart-felt "there, there, poor baby", but that accomplishes nothing.

You're entitled to disagree.

My question to you is simply: how would you solve this situation? What would you do to stop the stupidity? i suppose we could just pat them on the back with a heart-felt "there, there, poor baby", but that accomplishes nothing.

Do you really think this will stop the stupidity? Did the dismissals of HMP and DD stop the stupidity?