Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

Most meaning on this Team we have 4 sure fire NBA and if just 1 more make it that makes most.

there are 0 sure fire NBA guys on this team. There is no certainty that any of the 4 you mentioned will get drafted let alone make the team and stay in the league. Could they, yes but odds are that only 1 or two will have any semblance of an NBA career.

We also have 13 roster spots so half would be 6 or 7 nba players

Most meaning on this Team we have 4 sure fire NBA and if just 1 more make it that makes most.

We do not have 4 sure-fire NBA players.  If we do, hand us the trophy.  I know it's easy to over-value your own players, and I tend toward "objective."  Williams will make the league.   He's the only one who's sure fire.

Yogi's 5'10" and can't guard anybody.  Blackmon is slow for an NBA 2 guard and can't handle the ball.  Bryant has a very weak upper body and can't jump.    He's an NBA "4" with limitations on athletic ability and speed.   Don't kid yourself.

Crean has no respect for the culture, so he recruits kids from all over the country who don't get it, and he doesn't set rules that uphold it.   

I wondered how long it would take before we got a post about Holt and Bryant being from the dreaded east coast.

We do not have 4 sure-fire NBA players. If we do, hand us the trophy. I know it's easy to over-value your own players, and I tend toward "objective." Williams will make the league. He's the only one who's sure fire.

Yogi's 5'10" and can't guard anybody. Blackmon is slow for an NBA 2 guard and can't handle the ball. Bryant has a very weak upper body and can't jump. He's an NBA "4" with limitations on athletic ability and speed. Don't kid yourself.

You're saying we don't have 4 players that are going to be drafted?
It takes more then draftees to win UK has shown that already.

Troy and who else? Yogi, meh. JBJ isn't good enough and would make horrible defenders in the NBA look decent. Bryant...... uh what? I can't think of anyone else on the team right now that is even close to being on the radar

You're saying we don't have 4 players that are going to be drafted?
It takes more then draftees to win UK has shown that already.

What? This comment makes literally no sense because it is so self contradictory. You're talking about how we have 4 guys who are going to be drafted, then go on to say it takes more then draftees to win

What? This comment makes literally no sense because it is so self contradictory. You're talking about how we have 4 guys who are going to be drafted, then go on to say it takes more then draftees to win

It was a comment on him saying if we have 4 then give us a trophy.

Troy Williams will be in the NBA and successful after this season unless he is injured.

Can you explain why you think so if he can't routinely knock down twenty-footers? Without a jump shot, defenders will back off to stay in front of him and stop his dribble, forcing him to pull up and shoot.

Crean saying he has zero good leaders on his team when he has a senior point guard that has nba aspirations isn't good for his draft stock. If I'm an nba exec, even if I can get over yogi being 5'10" I don't think I can get over him not being a good leader

If you think an NBA exec is going to shoot Yogi down because Holt and Bryant got popped by Excise for an unopened bottle of vodka during Welcome Week, I would have to disagree with that.

Hard to explain. I feel like players at many of the top schools are able to switch gears pretty quickly from being told they're "God's Gift to Basketball" in the recruiting process (natural) to figuring out that the same coach who couldn't kiss their butts enough while they were in high school will now have no problem kicking their butts in college. Our players seem to struggle with that concept and just keep thinking they're doing all of IU-fandom "a favor" by playing basketball for this team.

Micheal Kidd Gilchrist (hope it's spelled right) did just that and signed a four year 52 million dollar deal.

He has actually worked quite a bit on his jump shot. Which I guess actually adds to your point. His mechanics were all kinds of jacked up coming out of college. Shows you don't have to have a jump shot

He has actually worked quite a bit on his jump shot. Which I guess actually adds to your point. His mechanics were all kinds of jacked up coming out of college. Shows you don't have to have a jump shot

Yeah, bought as broke as I had seen. Plus NBA execs draft so much of upside anymore. I think Troy has plenty of that

Micheal Kidd Gilchrist (hope it's spelled right) did just that and signed a four year 52 million dollar deal.

are you saying Troy is on the same level as MKG? MKG was arguably the best player in college as a freshman sans his teammate in Anthony Davis