Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

Thomas Bryant and Emmitt Holt cited for illegal alcohol posession

At this point it really is laughable as someone above said. These dudes need to learn who they are and that EVERYBODY is watching them. I think holt has a heavy suspension at the least coming. Maybe the boot.

IMO, Tom Crean and Fred Glass need to accompany Mr Holt out of Bloomington. Pack your bags, yer out of here.

I absolutely agree with you. They need to be much smarter! Find a small house party with friends or something. Out in public..the big difference is that we blend in and they don't. They're the tallest and biggest guys in every room. EASY targets for the excise cops to bust, which happened here. Really unfortunate!

You sparked a thought... As part of Glass' zero tolerance any chance he put IUPD on notice and wanted them to specifically watch for basketball players? Maybe just maybe he sees the problem and this is his way if fixing... Could be interesting depending on what/if any consequences come from this... Or maybe I'm giving him to much respect/credit

Ahhhhhh Welcome Week 2015. The time of the year when campus and kirkwood are filled with drunk kids for miles and miles. Welcome Week was always my favorite time of the year.

Anyways, onto basketball side of things, just another step closer to seeing Tom Crean being fired. 

I would be. This teams chances at contending are seriously hindered by the dismissal of Holt. I care about winning more than I do crucifying kids for doing the same exact thing I did. The circumstances matter.  Call me what you will. I don't care. I just refuse to buy into any rationale that says a kid who had a beer, or two, while at IU should be kicked off the team. I don't even buy that these kids are "dumb".  First of all, none of us had an entire community, fanbase seek out our every single move, so lets not pretend that we were on an even playing field here. We all had a major advantage when it came to getting away with minor indulgences. Hanner and Devin were dumb. Caught multiple times smoking/possessing weed and even lighting up in their dorm room. Hanner had been caught driving while plastered. Its ridiculous that people place any blame on Holt from the first incident. He had 1 beer. As far as I'm concerned, he was being responsible that night in comparison with every single student on campus that night. The fact that he didn't go to jail after the accident tells you how much he had to do with that situation. Nothing more than being at the wrong place at the wrong time under scrutiny from the wrong fanbase.  Lets stop pretending like he had "priors" bc he didnt. The hypocrisy of this fanbase is at an egregiously high level. We are so quick to assassinate our own, regardless whether they deserve it or not. Please spare me the recycled garbage of being held to a higher standard bc they wear a pretty uniform. They have the exact same mind as nearly every other 19-20 yo kid on that campus and we ask them to pretend like they're 30. I dont buy it. Never will. We are above Devin and Hanner's actions but this is ridiculous. This is a non story if it weren't for Devin, Hanner, and the fact that the fanbase is blood thirsty for getting rid of Crean. It would be swept under the rug and none of us would have issue with it.  Emmitt Holt getting kicked off the team for two violations that can be measured by 2 cans of beer. Laughable.   

... for the glory of old I U...

I would be. This teams chances at contending are seriously hindered by the dismissal of Holt. I care about winning more than I do crucifying kids for doing the same exact thing I did. The circumstances matter. Call me what you will. I don't care. I just refuse to buy into any rationale that says a kid who had a beer, or two, while at IU should be kicked off the team. I don't even buy that these kids are "dumb". First of all, none of us had an entire community, fanbase seek out our every single move, so lets not pretend that we were on an even playing field here. We all had a major advantage when it came to getting away with minor indulgences. Hanner and Devin were dumb. Caught multiple times smoking/possessing weed and even lighting up in their dorm room. Hanner had been caught driving while plastered. Its ridiculous that people place any blame on Holt from the first incident. He had 1 beer. As far as I'm concerned, he was being responsible that night in comparison with every single student on campus that night. The fact that he didn't go to jail after the accident tells you how much he had to do with that situation. Nothing more than being at the wrong place at the wrong time under scrutiny from the wrong fanbase. Lets stop pretending like he had "priors" bc he didnt. The hypocrisy of this fanbase is at an egregiously high level. We are so quick to assassinate our own, regardless whether they deserve it or not. Please spare me the recycled garbage of being held to a higher standard bc they wear a pretty uniform. They have the exact same mind as nearly every other 19-20 yo kid on that campus and we ask them to pretend like they're 30. I dont buy it. Never will. We are above Devin and Hanner's actions but this is ridiculous. This is a non story if it weren't for Devin, Hanner, and the fact that the fanbase is blood thirsty for getting rid of Crean. It would be swept under the rug and none of us would have issue with it. Emmitt Holt getting kicked off the team for two violations that can be measured by 2 cans of beer. Laughable.

I'm not going to "call you anything". I'm just going to disagree. Never said what he did either time was bad, but with the amount of issues we've had recently, and the warnings given by Glass and (I assume) Crean, why continue to do what you do? They aren't even freakin' sneaky about it! I've seen it firsthand!

You sparked a thought... As part of Glass' zero tolerance any chance he put IUPD on notice and wanted them to specifically watch for basketball players? Maybe just maybe he sees the problem and this is his way if fixing... Could be interesting depending on what/if any consequences come from this... Or maybe I'm giving him to much respect/credit

I guess we'll know soon enough... when we hear what punishment is (or is not) handed down.

The problem is that there are people actively seeking them out in hopes that they slip up. Quite the dilemma for a 19 yo who wants to partake in the festivities that his peers are partaking in. Especially when he spends the majority of his time doing what others see as "right". The problem is that we have a fanbase and community who froths at the mouth when it comes to finding wrongdoing with our basketball players. 

I looked down at the date on my computer to see is it's April 1st and it's not.  Seriously I spent 4 years on that campus partying my ass off and never got in trouble.  Are the guys out in the middle of the street doing beer bongs or what? 

Wholeheartedly agree about having a very good time at IU and never getting in trouble.  My god, my fraternity often rented the FOP Lodge of all places to party and not once did the police ever lay in wait when they could have easily made a couple of dozen arrests.  They must walk around with signs around their necks that say "I'm a basketball player; I'm underage; I'm drinking!"  Just plain STUPID!

I used to not get mad about this stuff, but now it just seems like this happens wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy tooooooo often and these kids learn nothing, im not gonna go looking for how many players have got in trouble since creans tenure because it will take way too long, but it seems like its repeat offenders, i mean come on hmp and devin just got kicked off a few months ago...............how many more times will this happen  :banghead:

I can't really comment on this because I am going to try to stay positive this year so I don't offend anybody and get in trouble this year. To put a positive spin on this at least it happened in pre season but with a zero tolerance rule not sure what the result will be. I will go as far as to say this is a disappointment for sure and pray this doesn't hurt what could be a good season.