Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

13 Days...LET'S DIG IN!!!!

I watched the spring game. Here are 10 observations I made. Just watched a replay of it on Youtube.

1. Sudfeld is very far ahead of our other QBs. His size is a big difference. He can see better.

2. Redding is a talent. He doesn't dance around. He goes hard and churns his legs. He will play a lot.

3. Cobbs is NS favorite target. He's big and hes sure handed. Reminds me of Tandon Doss.

4.Harris is a big loss. Paige is quick enough to help ease that blow. Savvy player.

5. Diamont can run. Needs to get more comfortable throwing it.

6. Scales is an All BIG LB in the near future.

7. Latham can really move for his size. Future NFL lineman.

8. Ditto for Feeney. He can carve out a hole.

9. Toth and Oakes are the best K/P duo we have had in years.

10. Our CBs give way too much cushion and are blocked very easily.

Obviously we have improved since this game and have added many players via Post-Injury or Freshman class. I feel good about this team. I feel like this is a 7-5 team. That's where I see us.

I watched the spring game. Here are 10 observations I made. Just watched a replay of it on Youtube.

Obviously we have improved since this game and have added many players via Post-Injury or Freshman class. I feel good about this team. I feel like this is a 7-5 team. That's where I see us.

I keep feeling that the talent gap there is the problem. Until we start seeing CB's with lockdown talent (speed, size and instincts) we end up giving the cushion to stop the big play. We have to settle for keeping the play in front of us. We may have some of that talent there now, but they are very young. It seems that it is a emphasis in the recruiting in this next class.

I keep feeling that the talent gap there is the problem. Until we start seeing CB's with lockdown talent (speed, size and instincts) we end up giving the cushion to stop the big play. We have to settle for keeping the play in front of us. We may have some of that talent there now, but they are very young. It seems that it is a emphasis in the recruiting in this next class.

I think we have that in Fant. Unfortunately, we only have 1 guy like that when we need like 4 or 5.

1. Sudfeld is very far ahead of our other QBs. His size is a big difference. He can see better.

2. Redding is a talent. He doesn't dance around. He goes hard and churns his legs. He will play a lot.

3. Cobbs is NS favorite target. He's big and hes sure handed. Reminds me of Tandon Doss.

4.Harris is a big loss. Paige is quick enough to help ease that blow. Savvy player.

5. Diamont can run. Needs to get more comfortable throwing it.

6. Scales is an All BIG LB in the near future.

7. Latham can really move for his size. Future NFL lineman.

8. Ditto for Feeney. He can carve out a hole.

9. Toth and Oakes are the best K/P duo we have had in years.

scales was a freshman all American so the all big is very achievable

We just need a serviceable secondary at this point. Fant can cover, but not confident in his tackling. The Frosh are going to need to step up Bigtime at CB. Dutra is pretty good and Field can play SS. I feel better about the Safety position.

It will be a bend don't break secondary. The front 7 will need to compensate for them.

We just need a serviceable secondary at this point. Fant can cover, but not confident in his tackling. The Frosh are going to need to step up Bigtime at CB. Dutra is pretty good and Field can play SS. I feel better about the Safety position.

It will be a bend don't break secondary. The front 7 will need to compensate for them.

Run stopping and pressure on the QB. Make them hurry.

I think we have that in Fant. Unfortunately, we only have 1 guy like that when we need like 4 or 5.

I disagree with that. We have a lot of young talent at DB. When's the last time we had a 6'3 CB? The problem is that it is nearly all inexperienced. The DBs we have coming in next year will really help a lot as well. Hopefully our DL can help out this year.

I disagree with that. We have a lot of young talent at DB. When's the last time we had a 6'3 CB? The problem is that it is nearly all inexperienced. The DBs we have coming in next year will really help a lot as well. Hopefully our DL can help out this year.

I meant, as of right now.