Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

2016-17 Basketball Schedule

This is the first year in a while where I am absolutely PUMPED for our out of conference schedule. There are some big name teams like Kansas, UL, UNC, etc. that will absolutely get us ready for conference play. If we lose a few out of conference games I won't fret, we'll be that much stronger by the end of the year. Can't wait

Also, a few solid games on neutral courts. I love the idea of playing in Ft. Wayne for the fans up there. The Crossroads Classic will also provide another opportunity for a good matchup. When Butler is, at best, your fourth toughest OOC opponent you're schedule is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

8 hours ago, HoosierAloha said:

Also, a few solid games on neutral courts. I love the idea of playing in Ft. Wayne for the fans up there. The Crossroads Classic will also provide another opportunity for a good matchup. When Butler is, at best, your fourth toughest OOC opponent you're schedule is solid.

Agree completely, I would love to see the team take a road trip to Ft. Wayne, Evansville, Terre Haute, etc. each year.  Away games in friendly-ish environments can be great for the team's confidence leading into the B1G season.

On May 27, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Alford Bailey said:

Payback time in the Hall. Bet we make this one look ugly.

Remember last time 'Ol Roy' paced the sidelines at Assembly Hall? Heels got handled by the likes of Zeller and Oladipo. I'm ready for payback, our crowd needs to shake the state that evening!

Agree completely, I would love to see the team take a road trip to Ft. Wayne, Evansville, Terre Haute, etc. each year.  Away games in friendly-ish environments can be great for the team's confidence leading into the B1G season.

I'm not sure I'd go to every location every year. I would like to see several two for one deals though. IU could rotate playing home games and an away game each season.

2016: Evansville (H), Valpo (H), IPFW (A)

2017: Evansville (A), Valpo (H), IPFW (H)

2018: Evansville (H), Valpo (A), IPFW (H)

A home/home series with either Cincinnati or Xavier would be good too.

I'm not sure I'd go to every location every year. I would like to see several two for one deals though. IU could rotate playing home games and an away game each season.

2016: Evansville (H), Valpo (H), IPFW (A)

2017: Evansville (A), Valpo (H), IPFW (H)

2018: Evansville (H), Valpo (A), IPFW (H)

A home/home series with either Cincinnati or Xavier would be good too.

Ten years ago we would have scheduled like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

Ten years ago we would have scheduled like that.

Not really man. We had Butler in the NIT tip off. Butler wasn't quite where they are now. At Duke for B1G ACC. Then Kentucky under Gillespie. That's it. Your facts are a little off.

Not really man. We had Butler in the NIT tip off. Butler wasn't quite where they are now. At Duke for B1G ACC. Then Kentucky under Gillespie. That's it. Your facts are a little off.

My bad. It was like 12 years ago lol.

Facts..? I mean listen we talkin bout facts! Not your opinion but facts. We talkin bout facts!

Hoping we have the Badgers only at home this season. 

Always want Purdue to be home and away every year. Need to keep the rivalry going at least twice a year. Really like our schedule, this will really prepare the team.

are we scheduled for a preseason tournament this year? I wouldn't be mad if we aren't as we will still play some top competition.

We are not scheduled for any preseason tourneys. If we could play the likes of Kansas and Louisville every year rather than a tourney I would be quite happy.

Not thrilled with the Liberty game if it is a sign of how the remainder of the noncon will be filled. We can't screw ourselves with a poor OOC SOS again.