Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jmsgws

OT: Bo Ryan

I know many IU fans hate Bo.  I personally think it is simply because he has owned us on the court, but that is not why I started this thread.

I saw in the paper tonight, that he is now talking about staying more than a year.  

In Wisconsin, we are used to this, because we lived it with Bret Favre for 4 or 5 years, before he actually retired.  I hope Bo doesn't do the same thing.

Typical of guys saying they are done before the season, then they get back into the swing of things and they wonder what they'd do without it. Couple L's to Mr. crean should help him leave :)

At our win rate against him he'll die of old age before he can retire.

Typical of guys saying they are done before the season, then they get back into the swing of things and they wonder what they'd do without it. Couple L's to Mr. crean should help him leave :)

The best we can hope for is Bo getting tired of looking down the sideline and saying there's my b****".

Ryan eats Crean's lunch practically ever matchup.

I admire (with a capital ADMIRE) the job Ryan has done at Wisconsin. For his sake I wish he had won the national championship last year and retired before this coming year so he could go out on top. Because this year will be his worst B1G finish, breaking his run of top-four finishes. I've heard people say, "Yeah, we hear that every year." But this year it will happen.

Why? For one thing it now takes beating TEN teams to finish fourth rather than eight. That was no issue in the first year of the 14-team league since Wisky was far and away the best team. Considering Wisconsin returns two starters (one of whom only became a starter when Tre Jackson was hurt), one other player (Showalter) with any degree of playing time, a redshirt on whom they have high hopes and one four-star recruit, on paper, this is maybe the eighth-best roster in the league. The redeeming thing is that Wisconsin could finish 10-8 (even finishing eighth) and make the tournament. There will be a lot of sentiment to push them there in Bo's final season.

But look at the competition: Maryland, now the pre-season #1 team by ESPN. Indiana and Michigan both return ALL their starters. Purdue adds so much height it's almost dizzying to think how good they can be if that transfer point guard proves to be real. Michigan State returns more guys from its Final Four team than Wisky does, adds Harris from West Virginia and a bunch of four-star recruits. Iowa returns Woodbury, Uthoff, Gessell and Joc -- all experienced and talented B1G players from a winning team that went to the tournament last year. Ohio State brings back as many guys as Wisconsin and has possibly Matta's best recruiting class ever.

Sorry to see you go out when you're not on top, Bo, although I'm not sorry you're going so Wisconsin basketball can go back to mediocrity.

But by all means go before you become part of the mediocrity!