Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IndyHutch

Analysis: The hunt for a 4-0 start

Scores with the games. Sorry I haven't posted in a while or a long time really but it is almost IU football season and this is what I live for.... Weird Ik but those who have seen my posts know I'm more of a football fan than basketball #play13 and #coachhep oh and i add a front page heading

Southern Illinois- W (42-14) "sudfeld shines"

FIU- W (49-17) "Panthers tamed by stifling defense"

WKU- W (52-24) "Hilltoppers sent running for their hills"

WF- W (35-14) "knorr proves his worth"

OSU- L (45-38) "another almost scare at memorial stadium for he bucks"

PSU- W (42-21) "IU clicks after heartbreaker"

Rutgers- W (38-17) "Howard runs wild like tevin"

MSU- W (24-17) "defense finally overcomes"

Iowa- W (42-21) "8-1? Hoosiers clicking and turning heads"

Michigan- W (52-28) "maize and blue lose to hoosiers under that new guy"

Maryland- L (42-21) "look who's back the old Hoosiers crumble under pressure"

Purdue - W (56-21) "Turdue really stinks it up and IU fires back"

10-2.... Call me crazy i do not care. Sudfeld throws for over 3,000 and Howard rushes for 1,500 plus yards oh and that awful defense is top 30 in the nation. And we flip some 4 and one 5 star recruit.

Btw I'm at purdue for graduation.....pray for me lol already yelled go Hoosiers

There is medication for delusional tendencies.   :)

Maybe it's because I subconsciously elevate WKU's football team after watching them the last couple seasons and because I am more uncertain about IU football, I just can't convince myself that Indiana will beat WKU this season.

I think WKU's offense will be too much at the end of the day. I think it will be close game, however, so I could easily be wrong.

Maybe it's because I subconsciously elevate WKU's football team after watching them the last couple seasons and because I am more uncertain about IU football, I just can't convince myself that Indiana will beat WKU this season.

I think WKU's offense will be too much at the end of the day. I think it will be close game, however, so I could easily be wrong.

Their defense is worse than ours. This is like IU vs Navy. 2 good offenses, a mediocre defense and a poor defense. They had the mediocre defense and that's why they beato us.

Whenever I think of iu and trying to or feeling like we should get bowl eligibility I quickly get reminded by my brain with images of Nate Sudfeld turning backwards to pass to tevin against Minnesota and watching the gophers take the fumble fifty yards the other way. I'm still sure that play happened in slow motion. Dad started instinctively yelling "BRING BACK BILL", his go to move in frustration. Look, I think we win all 4 non cons. This team should be mentally tough enough to get through that slate. I think we get Rutgers and Purdue. There are chances of wins against Michigan and Iowa for sure. I think somewhere between 6-6 and 8-4 is the window. How we get there though is where the fun lies. WHEN DO MY SEASON TIX ARRIVE

Lol, there is still literally anyone who wants Bill Lynch back? Said at the time, and still maintain, IU would never go anywhere with Lynch. At least with Wilson we seem to be able to get to talking about bowl eligibility. . 

Scores with the games. Sorry I haven't posted in a while or a long time really but it is almost IU football season and this is what I live for.... Weird Ik but those who have seen my posts know I'm more of a football fan than basketball #play13 and #coachhep oh and i add a front page heading

10-2.... Call me crazy i do not care. Sudfeld throws for over 3,000 and Howard rushes for 1,500 plus yards oh and that awful defense is top 30 in the nation. And we flip some 4 and one 5 star recruit.

Can you bottle that up and sell me a prescription???

I think this is the year we beat Michigan.  That is going to be my only wild prediction for the year.  I think 6 games, but other than Michigan, I won't pick the other 5.  Well we will beat Purdue; so I won't pick the other 4.   :)

That's plenty wild. So I'm guessing you're saying IU wins the first four, loses six of the next seven and then beats Purdue to get bowl eligible. There are IU fans who might be hospitalized heading into the Bucket game if that were the scenario.

Just once in my lifetime it would be fun to see someone make a prediction like this one (because someone always does) and have it come true.

But I think most IU fans would do a dance if the Hoosiers could finish say 8-4.

Lol, there is still literally anyone who wants Bill Lynch back? Said at the time, and still maintain, IU would never go anywhere with Lynch. At least with Wilson we seem to be able to get to talking about bowl eligibility. .

Oh no no not lynch. Dad will never get over letting Bill Mallory go. Like ever.

I can see a window of 5-7 to 9-5. Although I'm not looking at WKU as a sure win, I think IU fans are overly pessimistic about our chances. Just like I think too many people are overly optimistic about Harbaugh's chances of turning UM around his first season. I think we win the first 4, take down Purdue and Iowa, and squeeze out a win that we shouldn't (hopefully UM). 7-5, and I think we go to a bowl game ready to kick ass and proceed to do so. That said, I really hope Suds stays healthy.

I can see a window of 5-7 to 9-5. Although I'm not looking at WKU as a sure win, I think IU fans are overly pessimistic about our chances. Just like I think too many people are overly optimistic about Harbaugh's chances of turning UM around his first season. I think we win the first 4, take down Purdue and Iowa, and squeeze out a win that we shouldn't (hopefully UM). 7-5, and I think we go to a bowl game ready to kick ass and proceed to do so. That said, I really hope Suds stays healthy.

Did you mean 5-7 to 7-5? or did you mean 9-3? Obviously the 9-5 doesn't work.

If it's the former, that's a huge window in terms of importance for the program. Even the difference between 6-6 and 5-7 would be monumental.

If it's the former, that's a huge window in terms of importance for the program. Even the difference between 6-6 and 5-7 would be monumental.

Sorry, 8-5, added the bowl game twice.....that's just how big it would be for IU football. 

9-3 regular season, lose Big Ten Championship and lose Rose bowl bowl game. 9-5 is very doable!!!

9-3 regular season, lose Big Ten Championship and lose Rose bowl bowl game. 9-5 is very doable!!!

I would actually not mind that season!  Of course it probably means we lose to Wisconsin, again, and I hate living up here when that happens.