Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
HoosierReb01

Mike Miller takes on the Magazine Heads

This was the really interesting part from Athlon's.

"— Athlon also quotes an unnamed opposing coach to paint an outsider’s view of the IU program. “Losing the quarterback, Nate Sudfeld, just killed them. It was huge. We broke down games with Sudfeld and without him, and they looked like two different teams. Teams just loaded the box and made it tough for (Tevin) Coleman to run the ball. … The true freshman (Zander Diamont) has some ability, I guess, but they didn’t trust him to do much. Became very one-dimensional. They wanted to redshirt him. … I think their offensive scheme is really good. I think Kevin Wilson is a very good coach. Their offensive line was one of the better lines we played against last year. … Coleman was a legit back. I was nervous every time he touched the ball. You were just thrilled every time you held him under 10 yards. He had so many big plays. … Defensively, they still have issues. They just haven’t been able to get the type of players on defense that they have had on offense. Maybe that’s because Kevin Wilson is an offensive guy, but they just don’t have the talent on that side of the ball.”"

This was the really interesting part from Athlon's.

"— Athlon also quotes an unnamed opposing coach to paint an outsider’s view of the IU program. “Losing the quarterback, Nate Sudfeld, just killed them. It was huge. We broke down games with Sudfeld and without him, and they looked like two different teams. Teams just loaded the box and made it tough for (Tevin) Coleman to run the ball. … The true freshman (Zander Diamont) has some ability, I guess, but they didn’t trust him to do much. Became very one-dimensional. They wanted to redshirt him. … I think their offensive scheme is really good. I think Kevin Wilson is a very good coach. Their offensive line was one of the better lines we played against last year. … Coleman was a legit back. I was nervous every time he touched the ball. You were just thrilled every time you held him under 10 yards. He had so many big plays. … Defensively, they still have issues. They just haven’t been able to get the type of players on defense that they have had on offense. Maybe that’s because Kevin Wilson is an offensive guy, but they just don’t have the talent on that side of the ball.”"

I'd say we had some pieces to make a decent defense and that it will come around and start clicking and we will get this thing going

Reading these pre-season things is almost worthless.  Very very few people will pick Indiana to finish above last place, until the Hoosiers do something to prove they deserve a different pick.  It takes no effort to pick Indiana where they historically have been.