Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2016) SG Grant Gelon commits to IU

Cool, man.

The point is, he seems to be a prideful kid/one that will spill it all out there.

Not surprising he wasn't an IU fan growing up. Would you have been?

Yes I would of been. Some things are passed down generation to generation in families and being an IU basketball fan is one of them in my family. regardless of how good or bad iu is in any giving season is irrelevant in my passion for the iu basketball program

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yes I would of been. Some things are passed down generation to generation in families and being an IU basketball fan is one of them in my family. regardless of how good or bad iu is in any giving season is irrelevant in my passion for the iu basketball program

Pretty sure Grant has said this is how his family is. Still, scrappy _____ kids love Duke lol

11 hours ago, colonel06 said:

For what it's worth I'm going to offer to workout at the gym with him in the weight room as well as on the ball floor in the gym as much as he wants to. He needs to gain 15-20 lbs muscle between now and when he leaves for IUB.

The result of that offer may be determined by the rotation of restaurants you plan to treat Grant to after said workouts.  :)

Honestly,  I know it's nice having good shooters, but Gelon doesn't excite me, hope he proves me wrong.

What gets me past the underwhelming aura IU fans have created around the kid is that there's something to be said for a kid who can pass and catch the ball. Some of our better players struggle with that. Kill me if I'm wrong, I just get the feeling this kid is going to be the next Hulls. Not a 4 year starter. Don't expect him to see much time next year. But he's a program guy

This kid is an Indiana All-Star player so there are people that believe he is much better than some of you doubters.  Between those that put him on the team and CTC, he has something thing that you don't see.  Let's cut out the downgrading talk and be glad that he is a Hoosier and will be helping us out for the next few years.  Grant - we are waiting for you to tear it up next year. 

This kid is an Indiana All-Star player so there are people that believe he is much better than some of you doubters.  Between those that put him on the team and CTC, he has something thing that you don't see.  Let's cut out the downgrading talk and be glad that he is a Hoosier and will be helping us out for the next few years.  Grant - we are waiting for you to tear it up next year. 

So we're not allowed to have differing opinions on players/recruits? That would make this place a lot of fun.....

Yeah. Many also question if the Indiana All-Star nomination was actually deserved. Or did he get extra respect due to Indiana commitment? Many other players statistically more deserving throughout the state. Even Albers tweeted a question about this regarding his brother. At least I think it was his brother.

Yeah. Many also question if the Indiana All-Star nomination was actually deserved. Or did he get extra respect due to Indiana commitment? Many other players statistically more deserving throughout the state. Even Albers tweeted a question about this regarding his brother. At least I think it was his brother.

Even if his brother was more deserving he is a junior. I'm sure others might be more deserving but when dealing with all star games and first team selections there will always be a case for the some people who do not get selected. In the past people have said that if it was a close call in the mr basketball race it would go to the kid who attended iu( although this wasn't the case with yogi when Gary Harris won it)

Even if his brother was more deserving he is a junior. I'm sure others might be more deserving but when dealing with all star games and first team selections there will always be a case for the some people who do not get selected. In the past people have said that if it was a close call in the mr basketball race it would go to the kid who attended iu( although this wasn't the case with yogi when Gary Harris won it)

Yep, he is getting favorable treatment. I like that IU carries that weight but I still think most deserving kids should get the awards. Harris vs Yogi was a great battle for Mr. Baskeball. The committee likely got that right, but either choice would have been fair.

Yep, he is getting favorable treatment. I like that IU carries that weight but I still think most deserving kids should get the awards. Harris vs Yogi was a great battle for Mr. Baskeball. The committee likely got that right, but either choice would have been fair.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/04/14/podcast-kyle-neddenriep-breaks-down-indiana-all-stars/83041052/

Here is a breakdown of who made it and who got left off. Kyle is a good Twitter follow for Indiana high school basketball

I see he wasn't listed as a "lock". I tried searching for the part where he was discussed and couldn't find it.

They only listed 5 of 13 players as locks the most interesting thing from that is basically 1 guy picks the team although he gets input from other places and his job his to field a team to beat Kentucky. Basically if the 13 best players in the state were guards all of them wouldn't make it even if they deserved it. They would pick a team that was more balanced. They talked about his shooting at the end. They didn't say he wasn't deserving and shouldn't of made it instead of anyone else so there is that

Hell no. Yogi flat out should have been Mr. Basketball. Not even close

Why? Support that please. "Not even close"? Come on now.

Yogi clearly had a better high school career. It shouldn't have been close.

People don't like Park Tudor and their domination as a private school. Stupid politics relegated Yogi to runner up

Just because they were 2A. Gary Harris never even won a regional