Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Scott Effross - New York Yankees

Scott pitched for the Hoosiers from 2013-2015 and was drafted by the Chicago Cubs in the 15th round, 443rd overall. He's starting out with the Rookie AZL Cubs.

@sefrosty32: Would not be the person I am today without the opportunities given to me by IU or Indiana Baseball. Forever grateful and indebted. With that said, I am extremely excited to begin my professional baseball career as a Chicago Cub. #GoCubsGo #FEWSIC

Good read here from the other day. Effross was bumped up to the Mid A South Bend Cubs to start this season.

http://www.southbendtribune.com/sports/professional/sbcubs/right-hander-effross-a-willing-worker-for-s-b-cubs/article_9fe0161e-0248-11e6-878a-8f1e28fad98c.html

Scotty added his first save of the season last night to his collection.

The South Bend Cubs took sole possession of first place in the Eastern Division from West Michigan with 13 games to go after a 2-1 win over the Whitecaps Sunday at Four Winds Field.  

Greyfer Eregua took care of the sixth and seventh innings by firing two shutout innings. John Williamson retired the two batters he was brought in to retire in the eighth with Scott Effross getting the final out of the eighth. Effross also got the last three outs of the game in the ninth to earn his first save.

Effross bumped up to the High A Myrtle Beach Pelicans. He finished 6-0 with 2 saves and a 2.77 ERA for the South Bend Cubs.

‏@sefrosty32: Thank you to everyone who made my season with the @SBCubs so memorable! Looking forward to being a Pelican again!

On 8/12/2016 at 10:42 AM, ccgeneral said:

Effross bumped up to the High A Myrtle Beach Pelicans. He finished 6-0 with 2 saves and a 2.77 ERA for the South Bend Cubs.

‏@sefrosty32: Thank you to everyone who made my season with the @SBCubs so memorable! Looking forward to being a Pelican again!

Picked up his first win last night in a 14 inning marathon and the Pelicans clinch their division!

1.2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K

Scott Effross (3-1), James Norwood and Jordan Minch  teamed up to toss four scoreless innings out of the bullpen for the Birds. Effross relieved Kellogg in the sixth inning and fired 2.1 innings of scoreless baseball to pick up his third win of the season.

https://www.milb.com/pelicans/news/pelicans-eke-out-5-4-win-over-keys/c-236024652/t-196097158

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (June 17, 2017) - A frantic Myrtle Beach rally in the 10th helped the Pelicans persevere Saturday by the Down East Wood Ducks 4-2 at Grainger Stadium.

In the bottom of the 10th, Pelicans reliever Scott Effross walked LeDarious Clark with one out before Matt Lipka singled. However, Effross struck out Brallan Perez and induced Yanio Perez into a foul out to end the ballgame and pick up his fourth save. 

https://www.milb.com/pelicans/news/pelicans-outlast-wood-ducks-to-win-in-10/c-237159776/t-196097158

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (July 20, 2017) - Myrtle Beach fell 5-3 in game one of Thursday's doubleheader, but Scott Effross pitched a career-high five shutout innings and Eddy Martinez homered to lead the Pelicans to a 5-0 win over the Down East Wood Ducks in the finale in front of a sellout crowd of 6,599 at TicketReturn.Com Field at Pelicans Ballpark.

Effross (5-1, 3.95) rolled for Myrtle Beach (54-42,11-15)  in game two of the twin bill. The former Indiana right-hander tossed a career-high five shutout innings and whiffed four Wood Ducks (36-60,12-15) batters in the outing, ceding just two hits and walking one. His previous career-high for innings had been 3.2.

https://www.milb.com/pelicans/news/effross-martinez-lead-birds-to-twin-bill-split/c-243407122/t-196097158